brianjoxx

Actually NFL has made good rule changes. But still have some of the stupid's rules in place. I do love now they call pass interference or not. Allow a little bumping and grinding.

tabbyfan

What is up with the rule where you kick the ball to them, the receiver runs away from the ball and the kicking team surrounds it?  WTF?  I understand fair catch since they have no yards, you would get killed, but the other?

CatsFaninOttawa

What is up with the rule where you kick the ball to them, the receiver runs away from the ball and the kicking team surrounds it?  WTF?  I understand fair catch since they have no yards, you would get killed, but the other?
Do they not have confidence in their own ability to catch the ball? I thought these were supposed to be the best players.

Lyle B. Style

Small change but I'd like to see CFL adopt the 2 minute warning idea.

Since our league has far fewer timeouts than NFL make the 2 min. warning an actual timeout when the clock stops.

CFL can get far more plays off during the last minute so why not give both teams a timeout with 2 to go?
WAITING FOR A  MIRACLE - 28 YEARS, COUNTING!

West

I've lost interest in the NFL over the past couple seasons and am now close to strictly a CFL/NHL guy. Too many overpaid crybabies down there. 

CFL rules are far better imo. I love some of the old rules from rugby like the gunners on punts that can be exciting. The live ball in the end zone on kicks is great too. Adds some more excitement on special teams. 

tabbyfan

I gave up watching 49s/Rams today, yes it has taken me this long to get to half time as I would quickly get bored with it.  I did think it was funny how catches that are pretty common in the CFL were spectacular in the NFL.  I will try a few more games though but maybe after the CFL season is done.

Argofan_1000

I gave up watching 49s/Rams today, yes it has taken me this long to get to half time as I would quickly get bored with it.  I did think it was funny how catches that are pretty common in the CFL were spectacular in the NFL.  I will try a few more games though but maybe after the CFL season is done.
NFL knows Hollywood and uses it. They also use piped in crowd noise at the right times, more cameras - high definition cameras, more closeups, better lighting. More sizzle like soccer ads where everything is sensational! They know who their market is and they target it well.  They got a good portion of our youth didn't they.
TSN uses good quality Bollywood - pretty good but there is a difference.

jaybird24

I gave up watching 49s/Rams today, yes it has taken me this long to get to half time as I would quickly get bored with it.  I did think it was funny how catches that are pretty common in the CFL were spectacular in the NFL.  I will try a few more games though but maybe after the CFL season is done.
But to be fair,  in the NFL you need to have two feet in the playing field and control when you make a catch.   You also have a much smaller end zone area to make a catch.
I haven't watched an NFL game get but looking at the highlights there have been quite a few high scoring exciting games,  last Thursday was 41 - 39 ?

I watched the Riders/Stamps game on ESPN2,  it was the first ESPN televised game since back in July,  only one TD scored.   Doesn't look like any more CFL games televised this year on ESPN

ro1313

Small change but I'd like to see CFL adopt the 2 minute warning idea.

Since our league has far fewer timeouts than NFL make the 2 min. warning an actual timeout when the clock stops.

CFL can get far more plays off during the last minute so why not give both teams a timeout with 2 to go?
Because you get a timeout with 3 minutes to go

DAN38

The NFL has the best football players. The CFL has the best football game.
Si vis pacem... para bellum

jaybird24

Yes,  but this is a CFL site,  you are preaching to the choir.
The sad thing is when you see a CFL game in the biggest city in Canada with 12,000 fans in attendance and the game is broadcast on ESPN in the US.
I don't think any rule change, whether it's adopting somme NFL rules,  will get more Torontonians to a CFL game.

DAN38

Yes,  but this is a CFL site,  you are preaching to the choir.
The sad thing is when you see a CFL game in the biggest city in Canada with 12,000 fans in attendance and the game is broadcast on ESPN in the US.
I don't think any rule change, whether it's adopting somme NFL rules,  will get more Torontonians to a CFL game.
I'm not preaching. I'm just stating one of the main reasons I prefer to watch our football instead of theirs. In over 50 years of watching football I've seen many more exciting games come out of a poorly attended game in Toronto than I've ever seen from a packed stadium down south.

Perception is deceptive, that's why advertising works.

jaybird24

Yes,  but this is a CFL site,  you are preaching to the choir.
I don't think any rule change, whether it's adopting somme NFL rules,  will get more Torontonians to a CFL game.
I'm not preaching. I'm just stating one of the main reasons I prefer to watch our football instead of theirs. In over 50 years of watching football I've seen many more exciting games come out of a poorly attended game in Toronto than I've ever seen from a packed stadium down south.

Perception is deceptive, that's why advertising works.
Yes I agree, with what you are saying,  I didn't mean you were "preaching"  I used the line  "preaching to the choir"
We are all CFL fans on this site and we can say all these nice things about the CFL but the fact is more people are watching the NFL.   Even in Canada the TV ratings for the NFL are higher and more young people in Canada are watching the NFL.    
   You can say that you prefer to watch poorly attended games in Toronto and the games are better etc  but with the declining interest in the Argos they might not be around in the not too distance future.
The question is,   how do you get young people interested in the CFL, especially in Toronto?  

DAN38

Like Kevin likes to say(and it's true), if the CFL could survive the 90s, it can probably survive anything. The problem with TO is not new and there have been numerous threads on the solution. I don't want to get into it again. If the league has to prop up the Argos,then so be it. In the meantime I am enjoying Canadian football. It's the only wholly Canadian pro league and it's holding it's own against a giant. Cheers.

everyman

One change I think the CFL should do is reward season ticket holders more.

For instance...for every 10 years the next one is free. Like my neighborhood ice cream store...

And give them a basket of team swag...

Users Online

86 Guests, 11 Users (16 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
bobo82, vjcos, Sidney, Mark, sully, PatLynch, georgetile, FormerlyTurkish, Beam reach, Hamilton2005, Lennywasout, Google (14), Baidu (2)

Most Online Today: 124. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)