sully

As far as I'm aware, Numeris is the only ratings provider for CFL games on Canadian television. They are who we use internally on our own ratings reports (via a data feed from NLogic).

I haven't been keeping up in this topic, but if someone is hawking alternative numbers I'd like to see the source of them - or they should stop being communicated. Ugh.
I'm the Director of Media Technology for the Canadian Football League. Got technology concerns/ideas for the league? E-mail me at ssyed@cfl.ca and we'll talk.

KevinRiley2

As far as I'm aware, Numeris is the only ratings provider for CFL games on Canadian television. They are who we use internally on our own ratings reports (via a data feed from NLogic).

I haven't been keeping up in this topic, but if someone is hawking alternative numbers I'd like to see the source of them - or they should stop being communicated. Ugh.
Any word on the first 8 pages of my Movie thread?

Still waiting.  :)
* Kevin Riley = The moral conscience AND movie reviewer for cfl.ca.  :)
* When in doubt, always ask (WWKD) What Would Kevin Do?
* Forgive me for always taking the High Road.  It's the ONLY Road I know.

Argofan_1000

#CFLGameday between @calstampeders & @EdmontonEsks was the most-watched Saturday sports broadcast in with an avg of 751,000 viewers. #CFL

KevinRiley2

#CFLGameday between @calstampeders & @EdmontonEsks was the most-watched Saturday sports broadcast in with an avg of 751,000 viewers. #CFL
Not bad at all.

Argofan_1000

Not bad at all.
Numeris ranks the top 30 programs every week in Canada. CFL has had a number of high viewing games but has never made the top 30 programs in Canada.

Number 30 from the "top Line Data" stops at approx. 550K that would be number 30.

depopulationINC

Citing linkable or screenshotable specifics should require links.  It should be a firm policy.

Argofan_1000

Not bad at all.
Numeris ranks the top 30 programs every week in Canada. CFL has had a number of high viewing games but has never made the top 30 programs in Canada.

Number 30 from the "top Line Data" stops at approx. 550K that would be number 30.

here is the link for Numeris Top line data for labour day week

http://assets.numeris.ca/Downloads/August%2028,%202017%20-%20September%203,%202017%20(National).pdf

slimjim2

Not bad at all.

There is nothing wrong at all,  check out the Numeris numbers from the last week of August.

The average of the 4 CFL games that week didn't make the top 30 because the average was under 587,000.

The official Labour Day numbers will be released on Monday.

http://assets.numeris.ca/Downloads/August%2028,%202017%20-%20September%203,%202017%20(National).pdf

TravelPat1

Those Numeris numbers were for Monday August 28 to Sunday September 3 so they did not include the two presumably higher rated Labour Day Monday September 4th games.  I guess  the Ottawa - Montreal game and Bombers at Riders games that did fall within that ratings week - combined average did not make the top 30.  

Also can somebody tell me why with only one game last night they started the game at 7 ET instead of 7:30 or even 8.  For one thing it makes it very tough for fans going to the game - many of whom work until 5 - or in my case 6 - to get to a game on time. The stands were almost 1/3 empty at kick-off with thousands arriving late.

But also from a TV ratings perspective that game is starting while people are still at work in BC and just leaving work in Alberta and most importantly Saskatchewan.  

It's not like TSN had something else live to show after the game.  

That has to hurt ratings for that game at least somewhat.

nopa

Those Numeris numbers were for Monday August 28 to Sunday September 3 so they did not include the two presumably higher rated Labour Day Monday September 4th games.  I guess  the Ottawa - Montreal game and Bombers at Riders games that did fall within that ratings week - combined average did not make the top 30.   

Also can somebody tell me why with only one game last night they started the game at 7 ET instead of 7:30 or even 8.  For one thing it makes it very tough for fans going to the game - many of whom work until 5 - or in my case 6 - to get to a game on time. The stands were almost 1/3 empty at kick-off with thousands arriving late.

But also from a TV ratings perspective that game is starting while people are still at work in BC and just leaving work in Alberta and most importantly Saskatchewan.  

It's not like TSN had something else live to show after the game.  

That has to hurt ratings for that game at least somewhat.
Yep.  I assumed it was 7:30 because it wasn't part of a doubleheader so I missed the first half hour.  Maybe an 8:00 start (especially on a Friday).  We were out east in June and it was weird having East division home games starting at 8:30.
Canada is too BIG.🙂

High_Five

CFL finally cracks the Top 30.  Numeris Top 30
Comraderie, Victory, Legacy...

Mr. Pike

Mightygoose

No big surprise.

Which feeds carried the game? We only have TSN 2 and 4. One had NFL, the other had NASCAR so there was no choice for me to watch Ottawa-Montreal, that would likely hundreds of thousands of potential viewers too.

TravelPat1

From the link Mr. Pike posted.

Saskatchewan’s win over the Hamilton Tiger-Cats on Friday night was the most-watched game of the weekend, drawing an average of 561,000 viewers on TSN.
With how much more popular the CFL seems in the west - especially in a season like this where Eastern teams have largely sucked - I suspect that 561,000 would have been much higher had the game not started at 4:00PM in BC and 5:00PM in Saskatchewan and Alberta on a Friday. Even though it was the highest game of the weekend it could have been much higher if started later is my guess. 

Heck even fans in Hamilton going to the game would have preferred at least a 30 minute later start as a 7:00PM start is so hard to get to on time on weekdays. 

So not sure what TSN or the CFL were thinking to start that game at 7:00PM ET with only one game being played that night.  Just makes no sense to me especially when you consider that the ratings are struggling down 13% this year.   

Mr. Pike

Add in the RDS numbers to the horrible Montreal game and it would be interesting what it comes out to.  

Users Online

221 Guests, 14 Users (20 Spiders, 3 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
dcmoses, PTBO Dave, safetyblitz, jim43bob, Count Floyd, StampsRock!, rpaege, vampiresquid, GHT120, cheater, Chewbaca1973, Google (20)

Most Online Today: 300. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)