Paolo X

It's noteworthy that there are only three regular season games scheduled on Sunday for the rest of the season and no more Thursday night games.

Thank goodness for that news! Hate Thursday night games
For the CFL in the summer, I like them but beyond the first few weeks of September, I agree. This year there are none in September, so I think the CFL is on the right track.

In the NFL, I am okay with them also in September, maybe even for the first two Sundays in October, and then perhaps U.S. Thanksgiving and beyond but I'm with you that I don't like so many of them. The match-ups in the past few years have been absolutely awful too.
Best Regards, Paolo

tony

Thursday    Ottawa at Montreal    460k

Sunday game not yet released
Was that at the start or end of the game given the no show by the Als   ;)

tony

It's noteworthy that there are only three regular season games scheduled on Sunday for the rest of the season and no more Thursday night games.

With you on that. 

ActionNews

Thursday    Ottawa at Montreal    460k

Sunday game not yet released
Was that at the start or end of the game given the no show by the Als   ;)

The numbers provided to the company gives the avg per minute depending game. 3 hrs for football so from the start of the time slot say its 7pm-10pm the number 460,000 is they take the peak average (PKG) and the Medium (MKG) and they determine how many people watched most of the event. From what I was told for Football its 3 1/2 qtrs for PKG. So 460,000 would mean there could have been an audience approx 600,000 but that # only watched the MKG which for Football is 1 1/2.

Note- For Baseball, Soccer, Tennis, Golf there is no MKG rating which also gives these sports an unfair calculation. This is why Soccer, Tennis, Golf do not fall in the GX ratings and the Pro ratings until end of the week ratings in the USA. Majority of the audience does not watch all of these events that are at least just casual viewers.

TV shows are different as the rating companies and the advertisers know that if you are watching a television program like Seinfeld they are not going to get a MKG rating on new episodes and then turn the channel. Those are NR and unavailable for readings so if you ever get a total audience (which you never will) they are estimated.

And in the USA you will read lots about projections for what the t.v amount is the next day. But its not the official rating. This also happens on the Monday after the Super Bowl.

The total audience which (2) other agencies use is kind of pointless and is rarely used for statistics.

ActionNews

TV RATINGS ARE IN FOR LABOUR DAY - HUGE WEEKEND FOR CFL

Winnipeg at Saskatchewan     920k

Edmonton at Calgary             650k (blowout clearly affected number)

Toronto at Hamilton          * avg 1st part of game 1 hr - 720k *
                               * rating for post-delay  950k - peak reached 1.35 million 10pm-11:30

*toronto at hamilton ratings highest rated CFL game of the season as well most watched sporting event this summer.

I might get the expanded numbers including demographic on Thursday from the Winnipeg/Saskatchewan game.

prairiewolf77

With you on that.
Good to hear about Thursday Night games. Not a fan. Although I will watch CFL any day.
Not happy about the Sunday games. I love Sunday CFL games. Sunday is the traditional football day. I get Saturdays, the CFL doesn't have to deal with the NFL, but in the past, they get hit harder going up against NHL HNIC than NFL games on Sunday. I know this is the TSN effect as well, as without MLB (BlueJays) or NHL, TSN doesn't want their two biggest ratings programs to go up against each other, but I still think the time slot of the 2pm MT still would work. Only a few NFL games on at that time.

ActionNews

CFL for sure how their commissioner reacts to what he sees will make changes with the scheduling and work with TSN more closely. 

I understand come September viewing habits are much different than the summer, and TSN is a premier network in Canada and does a fantastic job covering the CFL, but you have to create more stable scheduling and properly schedule match-ups on particular dates to attract better attendance and tv numbers.

Hamilton and Toronto with outstanding numbers last night. Everyone at work and all my friends were talking about the game from last night this morning. Tune into the radio and it is all CFL talk.

This was a terrific week and unfortunately the Battle of Alberta wasn't close but the Battle of the Lake was outstanding.

ActionNews

*toronto at hamilton ratings highest rated CFL game of the season as well most watched sporting event this summer.

I might get the expanded numbers including demographic on Thursday from the Winnipeg/Saskatchewan game.

Just got information that Winnipeg at Saskatchewan peak reached 1.32 million.

ActionNews

The games were the most watched sporting event in Canada this summer and would rank top 5 in most watched on Television sine January.

Paolo X

I'm amazed that not only were so many watching the Toronto-Hamilton game given the conditions and the break in the action, but also even more were watching after the delay into the wee hours!

Is there a hint there for the schedulers? Starting later on Labour Day on the East Coast is better?

KevinRiley2

Are these Numeris numbers or another service because they are far below what we had last year?
* Kevin Riley = The moral conscience AND movie reviewer for cfl.ca.  :)
* When in doubt, always ask (WWKD) What Would Kevin Do?
* Forgive me for always taking the High Road.  It's the ONLY Road I know.

ActionNews

Sunday and Monday nights have been best for CFL on TSN.  

Jay and Dan returning got the hype going.

ActionNews

Are these Numeris numbers or another service because they are far below what we had last year?

Checking archives last years Labour Day games were also high. This years Argos/Tiger-Cats game  was a tad higher.

KevinRiley2

Checking archives last years Labour Day games were also high. This years Argos/Tiger-Cats game  was a tad higher.
Thanks!  Are these Numeris numbers, tho?

Can a person sign up to be part of the Numeris group?

ActionNews

Thanks!  Are these Numeris numbers, tho?

Can a person sign up to be part of the Numeris group?
Numeris always takes people. However there are 2 better rating agencies and they are taking over basically in Canada.

Numeris is slowly fading away. The agency we work with does not take anyone new but there is a program you can join once fall starts.

Bell Canada has an interesting program, you can write them a letter and get some information that way. I know back in April-May they were looking for about 100 people in Alberta to take part.

Users Online

175 Guests, 16 Users (16 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Chewbaca1973, rpaege, KevinRiley2, bohdon, ExPat, raymarkca, sully, Niagara Als, danoc_86, RichardVeilleux, Taleback, pw13, BillyDee87, Lyle B. Style, Google (16)

Most Online Today: 365. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)