Earl

That I agree with Bungle, the Argos are/will be the weakest link in the CFL despite winning the GC last year. They are still in a limbo area as to what the city there sees them as whatever.  Sokolowski and Cynamon screwed up on Varsity and U of Toronto but maybe that could also be said the city of Toronto screwed around with their own in C & S and didn't know how to involve the university in city planning.  

One wonders who the athletics director is at U of T or was and who in bed this person was for whatever.  Mind you, I don't think the words athletics and excellence are words in the same sentence these days at the U of T.  Mind and body they see separate there, sort of old style thinking.  Forward thinking universities see a more union and synergy with mind and body.  Not at U of T though.  To them the words 'art' and 'sport' and 'recreation' may as well be as separate as organic and inorganic and even with intellectuals these two concepts can be difficult to differentiate between. Sad considering it's supposed to be a centre of excellence in higher learning. Oh well, it's Toronto, it's all about "trying to be New York" I guess, nothing else matters.  :wink:
Anywhere is the centre of the world - Black Elk

ArgoT

I hate to admit this as a life long Argo fan and many year season ticket holder, but by far and away my team is the weakest link.
Like many of the previous so called owners, fortunately Mr. Braley is solid.
However there is no long term plan and especially since  Rogers  has now made it known basically they want them out in favour of the crap Jays.
The previous "owners" C & S were sandbagged in their efforts to get a new stadium.
Now what is the plan, A, B or C.?

Blue Blood

Quote from: "Xvys"
The Hamilton stadium won't be delayed because of the huge financial penalty the contractors will be forced to pay if it isn't completed on time. It was reported the penalty is so substantial it virtually guarantees a timely completion. The province also budgeted a $30 million in "management fees" to pay for any overtime or extra costs required to finish the stadium on time. So all is well in Tigertown.

That doesn't guarantee anything.

BCCaper

What happens if the TiCats clinch home field for a playoff game? Will the league allow a playoff game be played at a 14k stadium? I wonder how much extra it would have cost them to expand the Guelph Stadium into something like Tempire Field?

Commonwealth is starting to look great. The green and yellow seats are a much needed face lift. Those old orange seats were so dated and ugly looking. I wonder when the last time they were replaced?

I'm excited for the season to get going so I can see how Investors Group field looks on TV. Big fan of the size of the stadium and the design. Perfect size for the CFL regular season. BUT sorry Bomber fans, you can have it in November when you're freezing your arse off out there during a game while I'm at BC Place warm in my jersey and jeans  :P lol.
Proud season ticket holder of the BC Lions.

GernB

Quote from: "BCCaper"
What happens if the TiCats clinch home field for a playoff game? Will the league allow a playoff game be played at a 14k stadium? I wonder how much extra it would have cost them to expand the Guelph Stadium into something like Tempire Field?

Interesting question. I'm embarassed to admit I never thought of it. I wonder if anyone in the Ticats organization or the CFL office ever did?

GernB

Commonwealth is starting to look great. The green and yellow seats are a much needed face lift. Those old orange seats were so dated and ugly looking. I wonder when the last time they were replaced?

I

So far as I know, those are the original seats. Stadium originally built in 1978, then expanded in 1983.

J5V

Quote from: "GernB"

Interesting question. I'm embarassed to admit I never thought of it. I wonder if anyone in the Ticats organization or the CFL office ever did?

$20 says any playoff games will be played in Skydome.

tc23

Quote from: "J5V"

The new IWS should be pretty much up in November, they will play it there :wink:

http://www.ticats.ca/page/construction-cam
Deeds Speak !
Get R Done !
Make Good Decisions !
BRING THE NOISE !!!!!!

Mr.Bungle

ticats host a playoff game.....lol..... I honestly don't think you guys reaize how many tickets are givin away. the  Cats probably have a hard time selling much more the 14K to a playoff game as it is now..... Calgary has a hard time selling that many tickets to a playoff games unless it is against the Riders or Eskimos... That clasic 94 game when mcmanus threw to Flutie was played in front of ...you guessed it...14000 people.
Rogers has lost tens of million on the NFL, hundreds of millions on the Blow Jays, and are now losing billions on the NHL TV deal, yet refuse to get involved with the Argos, who will be profitable in just over 1 year. SCREW ROGERS!!

Mr. Pike

Quote from: "Mr.Bungle"
ticats host a playoff game.....lol..... I honestly don't think you guys reaize how many tickets are givin away. the  Cats probably have a hard time selling much more the 14K to a playoff game as it is now..... Calgary has a hard time selling that many tickets to a playoff games unless it is against the Riders or Eskimos... That clasic 94 game when mcmanus threw to Flutie was played in front of ...you guessed it...14000 people.

Last playoff game in Hamilton drew 27,000 and change in the Rain  (east semi against TO), last playoff game in Calgary drew 30,000 and change (and yes, it was against the Riders)   And another thing to note  , alot has changed since 1994 ! it also snowed on that day in Calgary 17 years ago.

tc23

Quote from: "Mr. Pike"

Last playoff game in Hamilton drew 27,000 and change in the Rain  (east semi against TO), last playoff game in Calgary drew 30,000 and change (and yes, it was against the Riders)   And another thing to note  , alot has changed since 1994 ! it also snowed on that day in Calgary 17 years ago.

Don't even bother responding to Dungle,  he is like the Villiage Idiot   :|

Xvys

Quote from: "tc23"
Quote from: "Mr. Pike"

Don't even bother responding to Dungle,  he is like the Villiage Idiot   :|
Yep, Bungle-Boy is pretty fast and furious with his negative "facts" about the CFL which are only his opinions and are usually totally false and incorrect. I don't even bother to correct him anymore, so I hope readers take Bungle's "stats" with a grain of salt.  :roll:

mikem

If they host a playoff game I'm sure that they will play it at Guelph and just charge more for tickets.  If the usual average ticket price is $40 for a playoff game x 25,000 tickets = $1 million.   To get the same revenue in Guelph they would charge around around $70 average ticket.  I'm sure they can find 14,000 fans willing to pay $70 to go to Guelph.

The the choice is - play at the cavernous Rogers Centre and hope that 25,000 Hamilton fans travel there (not likely), there is no guarantee that more than 14,000 Ticat fans would show up in the Rogers Centre.    
There could be 14,000 Ticat fans sat in a 50,000 seat stadium, which would be a lot worse than 14,000 fans in a 14,000 seat stadium.

So even if they didn't charge $70 a ticket at Guelph,  I would risk playing the game in Guelph.

-Hammer-

Quote from: "J5V"

If it is vs the Argos, then yes. Assuming that a minor tradeshow or concert isn't booked for that day because SkyDome ownership doesn't even let the Argos keep their championship banners hanging during Jays games until the CFL season starts, yet alone accommodate the Ti-Cats. If it is vs any other team, they'll play out of Guelph and make what extra scratch they can from having a playoff game.

Les Tiger-Cats de Hamilton - Amincissant le troupeau, un Al à la fois.

Earl

What, tbe toilet bowl Skydump owners don't allow Argos championsbip banners to be hung during boring baseball season?  What, are tbey afraid of something if the banners are hung during that time?  And yet they have signed on with the CIS to promote Canadian college football. Hmmm, seems tbey don't know their arse from ahole in the ground.  8)

Users Online

66 Guests, 3 Users (12 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
bohdon, KevinRiley2, NZFan, Google (11), Baidu

Most Online Today: 113. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)