prairiedog72

I have to say.  Winnipeg's new digs look niiiice.  I'm looking at that and thinkin' I'd like to go watch a football game. :thup:
[size=100]Jones\' head on a platter, with a side order of Reynolds.  Nothing less.[/size]

drummer_god

oilerrocker

Looking at all that grass (even if it is fake ) is getting me excited about Football and summer :thup:

Cool

Quote from: "oilerrocker"
Looking at all that grass (even if it is fake ) is getting me excited about Football and summer :thup:

Looks great.  A major part of the CFL decline in the 80's was that everyone has changed to artificial turf from natural grass and it sucked the life out of everything.  No one had grass stains anymore and looked hard and lifeless.
Pull Together everyone

Earl

Didn't affect the Dallas Cowboys bottom line though. They could play on cement there and the stadium would be packed game in game out.  :wink:
Anywhere is the centre of the world - Black Elk

ArgoT

Winnipeg's stadium with its facilities is the best and has to be a template for any future stadiums.

Xvys

Yes, Winnipeg's new stadium is better than expected. It's has bowl seating with a recessed field to help cut down on the wind. The experts were amazed they could build a 33,500-seat stadium with covered seating for under $200 million.

Speaking of makeovers, here is the layout of Canada's newest 45,000-seat stadium, Mosaic in Regina, which will be ready for Labour Day. The Riders have capped season tickets at 30,000 this year.

Xvys

Here is a "before and after" shot of Canada's newest CFL stadium, Guelph's Alumni Stadium. It's being expanded to 14,000 seats to serve as Ticats home stadium for 2013, leaving a legacy in Guelph with one of the finest college stadiums in Canada.

Saskie

Quote from: "Xvys"
Yes, Winnipeg's new stadium is better than expected. It's has bowl seating with a recessed field to help cut down on the wind. The experts were amazed they could build a 33,500-seat stadium with covered seating for under $200 million.

Speaking of makeovers, here is the layout of Canada's newest 45,000-seat stadium, Mosaic in Regina, which will be ready for Labour Day. The Riders have capped season tickets at 30,000 this year.

I believe the South side stands (on the left in the picture) will be ready by the beginning of the season and are to be used for the Paul McCartney concert in August; they are already going up. The North will be added by Labour Day.

Mr.Bungle

This whole Hamilton situation is so unsettling.... Instead of spending 2-3 million dollars on a video game, the CFL will be handing Bob Young that much this year because he was too stubborn to have the stadium built downtowm. Every team in the league will recieve less league revenue this year (except Hamilton of course) and the Ticats will end up with a new version of Ivor Wynne ,that still has all of the draw backs of being in a residential neibourhood.
I can't believe that Young was so pig headed that he agreed to have no stadium to play in, and now be forced into the laughable situation.
I hope that Im wrong, but I think this could be a huge disater for the league if the stadium is delayed. the PanAm games aren't until 2015, so their is no urgency to finish this project. I say that by the time this is all over, that each CFL team will be out close to one million dollars in league revenues.The new stadium will be drawing flies in less then five years too... Why waste money on a half ass stadium? ||They should of built a real stadium downtown.
Rogers has lost tens of million on the NFL, hundreds of millions on the Blow Jays, and are now losing billions on the NHL TV deal, yet refuse to get involved with the Argos, who will be profitable in just over 1 year. SCREW ROGERS!!

kasps

Quote from: "Mr.Bungle"
This whole Hamilton situation is so unsettling.... Instead of spending 2-3 million dollars on a video game, the CFL will be handing Bob Young that much this year because he was too stubborn to have the stadium built downtowm. Every team in the league will recieve less league revenue this year (except Hamilton of course) and the Ticats will end up with a new version of Ivor Wynne ,that still has all of the draw backs of being in a residential neibourhood.
I can't believe that Young was so pig headed that he agreed to have no stadium to play in, and now be forced into the laughable situation.
I hope that Im wrong, but I think this could be a huge disater for the league if the stadium is delayed. the PanAm games aren't until 2015, so their is no urgency to finish this project. I say that by the time this is all over, that each CFL team will be out close to one million dollars in league revenues.The new stadium will be drawing flies in less then five years too... Why waste money on a half ass stadium? ||They should of built a real stadium downtown.

The funny thing is last year , Ticat fans were ripping on the Bombers about the construction delays :roll:  :roll:  We had a plan B and played one more year at the Stadium and had great crowds all year , out drew Hamilton . They had no plan B , Mcmaster didn't want them , which is sad. Now they are playing in a different city and in front of 14 000 people. Hamilton's situation is much worse and makes the league look bush. Their situation will get no mercy from Bomber fans , we are snickering to tell you the truth .At least Bob Young won't let them fold , we can't be losing teams.

Cool

Quote from: "ArgoT"
Winnipeg's stadium with its facilities is the best and has to be a template for any future stadiums.

Yep.  It's whats going to build the Maritime/Halifax stadium.  Well, that and a combination of Hamilton depending on what the cost comes in at and what it looks like.

Earl

Bungle, I don't agree.  West Harbour will take care of itself with development, the area of IWS not so much.  It's absolutely great the new stadium is on the same grounds as the old stadium, inner city development and renovations are fantastic for the city and Bob Young should be applauded with the city that a solution was found that saw the inner city gaining. Sure, the surveys from Cat fans wanted a lot of parking and easy highway access and therefore the Cats were promoting that but that didn't materialize and both the city and Bob came up with a solution.  And an excellent solution at that.

A stadium at WH also would have made a physical barrier linking the James St. N area with the harbourfront, that would have been very unfortunate IMHO as someone who goes for walks at WH once in a while.  We are very fortunate that the stadium did not end up at WH, thankfully that mistake will not occur.

Unsettling to me are those that cannot or do not understand that.  But to each his own.

From the net concerning a football team in the UK, Everton:

Relocation, relocation

But most American fans are just relieved their teams have stayed in the area. Most clubs are working with local councils to build inner-city stadiums that will regenerate run-down areas. So, for Middlesbrough and Arsenal, Man City and Derby, read San Francisco and Denver, San Diego and Baltimore.

http://www.wsc.co.uk/the-archive/906-Gr ... relocation

Xvys

Quote from: "Mr.Bungle"
I hope that Im wrong, but I think this could be a huge disater for the league if the stadium is delayed. the PanAm games aren't until 2015, so their is no urgency to finish this project.
The Hamilton stadium won't be delayed because of the huge financial penalty the contractors will be forced to pay if it isn't completed on time. It was reported the penalty is so substantial it virtually guarantees a timely completion. The province also budgeted a $30 million in "management fees" to pay for any overtime or extra costs required to finish the stadium on time. So all is well in Tigertown.

The league is only as strong as it's weakest link and all team's will have to chip in to ensure the Ticats have a stadium to play in this year.

Mr.Bungle

Sadly... If the Tigercats can sell 14000 tickets to every game with no  corporate comps or free two for one give aways then they will not be the weakest link... That distinction will still belong to the Argos.

Users Online

160 Guests, 15 Users (19 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
bohdon, KevinRiley2, Sidney, Chewbaca1973, ExPat, rpaege, raymarkca, sully, Niagara Als, danoc_86, RichardVeilleux, Taleback, pw13, Google (19)

Most Online Today: 365. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)