Saskie

Quote from: "drummer_god"
Does anyone know when single tickets  go on sale?
I'm looking to get out to Winnipeg to take in a game this season. Need tickets before I book the hotel.

If all teams' schedules are the same as the Riders', which I'm assuming they are, single game tickets will go on sale June 1st.

esks123

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2013/05/02/photos-new-seats-installed-at-commonwealth-stadium-ahead-of-edmonton-eskimos-season-start

Found some recent pics of the seat installation at commonwealth stadium.
Seems they are just starting the installation of the upper level seats and will have them ready for the start of the season.

If anyone has pics of the new turf installation at Molson stadium, be sure to post those, too.
Oh, and the Blue bombers have posted new pics of IGF on their website, for those who are interested.

Here's Ottawa's construction progress:
http://ottawa.ca/en/city-hall/planning- ... wa/stadium

It's actually only the lower bowl that will be completely done by the start of the season. Upper bowl to be finished by end of September.
1954, 1955, 1956, 1975, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1987, 1993, 2003, 2005, 2015

esks123

Quote from: "Earl"
Excellent pics dg.  :thup:   Commonwealth should put an apron of bricks near the bottom where the cement after the last row of stands meets the field, it wouldn't be very expernsive and would enhance the look.

And why the University of Toronto couldn't have done something with the city/Argonauts like Molson Percival is beyond me.   Maybe the U of T has low aspirations and goals for the Varsity site, well obviously with what they have now.   :roll:

The concrete wall you are speaking of is covered by big green and gold banners on gamedays. But I agree, covering up bare concrete areas in CW would really improve it's look.

drummer_god

Quote from: "esks123"
It's actually only the lower bowl that will be completely done by the start of the season. Upper bowl to be finished by end of September.

The link in the original post says the upper bowl is being done before the start of this season. perhaps the sun just means installation will be started before the season starts?
here is the final vision:

drummer_god

this makes it seem as if the whole project will be done before the season:
Seats in the upper bowl are being replaced ahead of the start of the CFL season

drummer_god

esks123

From The Edmonton Journal yesterday:

"Looking ahead to the 2013 season, Rhodes said fans will enjoy new seats at Commonwealth Stadium sooner than expected.

“Originally, the seat installation was supposed to be finished by the end of this calendar year, so we’re actually ahead of schedule. The weather delayed things to get started this year, but the lower bowl will be about 95 per cent complete by the pre-season game (June 14 against the Saskatchewan Roughriders) and the upper bowl is destined to be done by the end of September.”"
http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sports/h ... story.html

I really don't understand why they are using two shades of green. Especially something closer to Rider green in the upper deck.

drummer_god

perhaps they intend to finish the upperbowl side which is shown on tv before the season starts, then work on the remaining seats during the following months?

if you remember last season, they started at lower bowl seats between the 40's on the side that is shown on tv, then worked their way out from there.

this time, they are doing the upperbowl from the far right and working left. that to me, shows they intend to be done that upperbowl before the season starts, because they have removed the seats from multiple sections up there and have not touched a single seat from the upperbowl on the opposite side.

should look great when the whole project is done.
is the capacity of commonwealth going to be less than when the orange seats were in?

tc23

I'm looking to get out to Winnipeg to take in a game this season. Need tickets before I book the hotel.

Most teams are June 1st,
Montreal's Single Game Tickets go On Sale Friday, May 10th ! Hamilton's go On Sale Monday, May 13th !

http://en.montrealalouettes.com/page/in ... ckets-2013
Deeds Speak !
Get R Done !
Make Good Decisions !
BRING THE NOISE !!!!!!

esks123

perhaps they intend to finish the upperbowl side which is shown on tv before the season starts, then work on the remaining seats during the following months?

if you remember last season, they started at lower bowl seats between the 40's on the side that is shown on tv, then worked their way out from there.

this time, they are doing the upperbowl from the far right and working left. that to me, shows they intend to be done that upperbowl before the season starts, because they have removed the seats from multiple sections up there and have not touched a single seat from the upperbowl on the opposite side.

should look great when the whole project is done.
is the capacity of commonwealth going to be less than when the orange seats were in?

That would make sense, but the upper deck side they are working on is actually the non-TV side. They are nearing my seats though, so I'm happy. :D

drummer_god

Quote from: "esks123"
That would make sense, but the upper deck side they are working on is actually the non-TV side.

well, there goes that idea. :lol:

Xvys

Here is a live cam of the construction of Hamilton's new stadium, you can see the foundations of the grandstands taking shape.

http://62.109.133.219/server/webservice/index.php?action=getstream&cameraid=1129&t=1368058288

If that video is flickering, the version on the Ticats website might be better.

http://www.ticats.ca/page/construction-cam

Those corner seats in the Commonwealth photo have pretty good sightlines! Especially considering they are 20 yds deep in the endzone. Those end seats in the Commonwealth upper deck have the steepest incline of any grandstand seats ever constructed (or at least were when the stadium was built.)

The multi-coloured green and gold seats at Commonwealth were designed to make the section look full, even if the there are empty seats. Similarly in the new B.C. Place, the seat colours were specially-designed to blend empty seats in with the crowd (unlike the sea of empty blue seats at Skydome or the old BC Place).

Blue Blood

Pre-sale is May 10 iirc. On sale to general public on June 1 - except Montreal which is May 10.

Cool

Beauty thread.  Best in a long time.  

Didn't even realize that Montreal was replacing their turf.  Desperately needed.

Edmonton looks great, as does Winnipeg.

Aesthetically pleasing.

:thup:

(Post script...  Different shade of green...  area's filled up by the faithful?)
Pull Together everyone

rpaege

I will likely travel to Michigan sometime this year...maybe I'll make a detour through Winnipeg    :rockin:

Users Online

67 Guests, 3 Users (12 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
bohdon, KevinRiley2, NZFan, Google (11), Baidu

Most Online Today: 113. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)