Abendschan

I’m not far behind at 288. Watch out!
Fresh meat part in your post was a Quote by BalticFox. Anyways, you're fourteen points behind me. Cheers 

Balticfox

Quote from: Abendschan
Achieved 104.1 pts. to 302.4 for now. Averaging 100 fantasy pts. per week, but one needs to be steady at 130 or so points to climb up and get back into that there race to the lead.

First of all there's no such thing as "steady" in this game. The random chance variable is very strong and you'll get really dud weeks interspersed with excellent ones. Last year I had 40 points in my first week and then a week of about 42 points in mid-season.

Secondly because of the random chance factor there's no way the leaders after three weeks will be able to maintain an average of 130 points per week for long.

Last year an average of just under 85 points per week would leave a player near the top of the standings by the end of the season. With the extra point allocated for receptions this year, I suspect it will take an average of about 105 points per week to finish on top this year. But that's an AVERAGE. There's no way any player will steadily achieve scores above 100 every week. Even the top players will dip down to 70 or so every once in a while, but not often of course or they won't stay as top players.

:)
Radically Canadian!

97valkyrie

WEEK 4 Roster

QB- J. Franklin
WR- B. Banks
WR- D. Williams
RB- CJ. Gable
RB- Timmis
FLEX- D. Spencer
DEF- Hamilton

I have always liked Franklin, I just wish he wasn't playing his 1st two games against my Esks...he could make or break me, not that I am in the running for 1st anyway...

Abendschan

Jamie Nye Fantasy picks,

QB  James Franklin
RB  James Wilder Jr.
RB  Andrew Harris
WR  Luke Tasker
WR  Shaq Johnson - Lions
Flex  William Powell
D  Ottawa

Abbey

QB  Matt Nichols
RB  James Wilder Jr.
RB  Andrew Harris
WR  Greg Ellingson
WR  D'haq Williams
Flex  Shaq Evans - Riders
D  Ottawa  

Balticfox

I made a late switch last week from Mercer Timmins to Marcus Thigpen and it proved a mistake. It was musical chairs in the Tiger-Cats' backfield every bit as much as in the Roughriders backfield but Timmins somehow found his way into the end zone twice despite rushing for only thirteen yards in total. The switch therefore cost me 9.6 points. Worse yet I'd thought hard of picking Chris Williams as my FLEX player but ended up going with Thigpen.

>:(

After three weeks undervalued alternatives are getting a lot more difficult to find. Moreover I now have stronger preferences for certain position players which makes allocating my $40,000 more difficult in a lot of ways.

:-\

Abendschan

Jostling my Fantasy roster line-up many times during the week - there always seems to be one position I'm not satisfied with and take a chance on this guy, that guy or some guy. 

Balticfox

That's always the way I am too. But then I can hardly wait for the week's opening kickoff for the points to come rolling in!

;D

Balticfox

So the random variable came around to bite me in the a** once again. Last week against the Alouettes I had Marcus Thigpen in the hope that he would pick up where he left off last season. Well he got me an underwhelming 3.7 points. This week I left him off my roster against the theoretically stronger Tiger-Cats and Thigpen notched 19.5 points....

Meanwhile my value pick Shaquelle Evans got me 3.1 points in the first half but then limped off early in the third quarter with a leg injury. Very sad.

:(

Abendschan

So the random variable came around to bite me in the a** once again. Last week against the Alouettes I had Marcus Thigpen in the hope that he would pick up where he left off last season. Well he got me an underwhelming 3.7 points. This week I left him off my roster against the theoretically stronger Tiger-Cats and Thigpen notched 19.5 points....

Meanwhile my value pick Shaquelle Evans got me 3.1 points in the first half but then limped off early in the third quarter with a leg injury. Very sad.

:(
One can not predict an unfortunate injury as I too had Shaq Evans - one of the reasons my roster has had a significant make over. See above

Balticfox

I don't understand why more participants haven't joined this league for fans of Baltic descent:

Balticboys

Surely there are many Canadian CFL fans with Baltic ancestry!

???

Balticfox

So my initial picks last week included C.J. Gable as one of my RBs and Brad Sinopoli as one of my WRs. I really wanted William Powell instead of C.J. Gable though because Powell had been a much more reliable performer so far this year. When I noticed that Shaquelle Evans had more yards receiving per game than did Sinopoli but cost only $2500, I gleefully jumped at the chance to switch Gable and Sinopoli for Powell and Evans. Bad mistake. Evans limped out early in the second half with a leg injury and Sinopoli ended up yielding the best return per $ invested of any player this season:

Here's how they scored:

William Powell 15.8
Shaquelle Evans 3.1

C.J. Gable 9.2
Brad Sinopoli 31.8

So my "brilliant" move ended up costing me 22.1 points.

:o

Oh well! Week Five is another week, and hopefully one of these times I'll get things just right.

:)

tabbyfan

I am doing well so far.  Week 1 I was 25000 in standings, week 2 5500, week 3 5000 and week 4 140.

My picks this week:

Matt Nichols
Andrew Harris
Derel Walker
Kenny Stafford
Duke Williams
Blue Bombers D-fence

One thing I have noticed, with a 40K cap players who are doing well will quickly have to be dropped.  I had Masoli for QB from week 1 and he went from 7K to 10K which pooches your cap.

Balticfox

I am doing well so far. 
Under what name do you play? Do you belong to any of the Leagues such as Chester's Cookies
or CFL Fantasy Podcast?

Quote from: tabbyfan
Week 1 I was 25000 in standings....

How did you manage to score so low? There are only 18,428 players who've submitted any picks at all.

...week 2 5500, week 3 5000 and week 4 140.

Was that your result for the specific Week or Overall?

???

One thing I have noticed, with a 40K cap players who are doing well will quickly have to be dropped.  I had Masoli for QB from week 1 and he went from 7K to 10K which pooches your cap.

That's the way it's supposed to work! It's not intended to be easy.

;D

tabbyfan

Ah, I see, I am 133 out of the 255 in the TSN1150 Hamilton league I am in.  I am not sure about week 1, I think it didn't take my roster but it said I was 25K+.  The 5K picks was when I was in no league.  I play under tabbyfan.

Yes, the players will be worth more, which means you will have to pick 1 good player and then a bunch of guys who may, or may not, play.  Your pick price should be grandfathered in until you release the player.

Ok, overall I am 6795, which is pretty good.

Abendschan

My roster line-ups are subject to change,

QB  Mike Reilly
RB  Don Jackson
RB  C.J Gable
WR Noel Thomas
WR Dhaq Williams
Flex Game decision
D Game time decision

Next week it's Masoli - QB

Users Online

53 Guests, 2 Users (14 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
OskeeweeneeVI, of course, Google (AdSense), Google (13)

Most Online Today: 114. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)