Balticfox

Radically Canadian!

Balticfox

Last year I started off picking a bunch of Tiger-Cats which left me with an abysmal score of less than 41 points and I had to play catch up until the last few games of the season.

This year though I'm off to a very respectable start with 94.8 points in the first week! Maintaining that pace for the entire year would leave me contending for top spot overall, but week-to-week consistency is really tough to achieve in fantasy.

The only decision I made that left me fuming all weekend was dropping Jalen Saunders (who garnered 18.8 points) in favour of Adarius Bowman who notched a big fat zero! Bowman had hooked up pretty well with young QB Chris Streveler in the first pre-season game and I thought the duo would have a decent chance of doing well against the Eskimos' pass defence while Jalen Saunders would have a lot more trouble against that of the Stampeders.

Second guessing of course is easy but still ... a zero?  :o  I don't remember ever earning so little from a pick! I'm thinking of leading a mob of torch and pitchfork carrying fantasy players on the path to Bowman's palatial dwelling.

>:(

Balticfox

So last year I joined a Public TSN CFL Fantasy League called the Wizards (I think). Well at about the halfway mark of the season I kept getting kicked out of the League. This I could understand though since I was kicking everybody's butt.

This year though my running mate "Scout the Cat" joined a Public League called the Jewish Mafia. (She likes the name I guess.) But she keeps getting kicked out of the League! Is this a program glitch or something? Because otherwise it's tough to believe that grown men wouldn't have the balls not to be scared of a girl joining their League.

???

Hank01

So last year I joined a Public TSN CFL Fantasy League called the Wizards (I think). Well at about the halfway mark of the season I kept getting kicked out of the League. This I could understand though since I was kicking everybody's butt.

This year though my running mate "Scout the Cat" joined a Public League called the Jewish Mafia. (She likes the name I guess.) But she keeps getting kicked out of the League! Is this a program glitch or something? Because otherwise it's tough to believe that grown men wouldn't have the balls not to be scared of a girl joining their League.

???
 I somehow lost my place after week one and didn't let me back in . They say they send you the new pw in the email but never received one . 

There does seem to be a glitch . 

Balticfox

Scout the Cat has been kicked out of the Jewish Mafia again. She's very much hurt and aggrieved with their continual rejection. She doesn't understand why they don't love her.

:(

Likely nothing personal though. The Jewish Mafia is probably just another chapter of the He-Man Woman Haters Club:

No girls allowed of course.

;)

Balticfox

I've just created a TSN CFL Fantasy League for all you Charles Roberts fans as well:

Blink!

8)

DennyStew

Congratulations once again to all the very same CFL Fantasy players who somehow managed to pick all of the very same top point accumulators for the 2nd week in a row. I'm sure you will all somehow manage to do it again next week. The very same way... ;) 

Abendschan

With-in five of the Balticfox, join the CFL Fantasy Podcast League now!

Balticfox

Congratulations once again to all the very same CFL Fantasy players who somehow managed to pick all of the very same top point accumulators for the 2nd week in a row. I'm sure you will all somehow manage to do it again next week. The very same way... ;)
It seems amazing that a few of the very same people who picked Mike Reilly and Derel Walker in Week 1 picked players such as Chris Streveler, William Powell, Andrew Harris, Eric Rogers, Luke Tasker, Brandon Banks and Greg Ellingson in Week 2. But with perhaps 15,000 participants, statistically some participants would do it. Those people are now of course near the top. But those same participants are not at all likely to persist getting really high scores. 

It's a long twenty week season and consistency in this game is nearly impossible. The random element is just too large. The very best and cleverest participants overall will only start to emerge after about twelve weeks.

:-\

sully

I would like to hear your player choices and Abendschan's player choices this week. I am not very good at TSN CFL Fantasy and could use some tips!
I'm the Senior Director of Technology for the Canadian Football League. Got technology concerns/ideas for the league? E-mail me at ssyed@cfl.ca and we'll talk.

Abendschan

I would like to hear your player choices and Abendschan's player choices this week. I am not very good at TSN CFL Fantasy and could use some tips!
One thing is, every week player gems happen. Like which player is going to be the fantasy guy this week and then try to determine who to chance putting on one's roster. Looking at the leader rosters of weeks gone by can be a help by scrolling about. Not that far apart from one another; Balticfox 192.6, Abbey53 188.2, Sully 182.9, Doctor_Rod 180.6, Steinberg 176.8

Balticfox

The other thing about this year is that the bar has been set higher now that a point is also awarded for any pass reception. Last year a score of 80 in a week was very good. This year a fellow has to target an average score of close to 100 per week if he hopes to end up near the top.

Moreover I don't think top scores as high as this past week's will be typical. Participants who picked Chris Streveler lucked out when a lot of their high priced help in other positions performed above par. High price is no guaranty of high performance in any particular week. There's a large random element.

:-\

Abendschan

HannahNordman 181.5 and Krev Show 168.5 are writers on the CFL site and Balticfox is bang on, it's getting tougher!

KevinRiley2

My fantasy picks :

Megan Hilty
Kaitlyn Lawes
Neve Campbell
Princess Eugenie
Amy Adams

...but we might not be talking about the same thing.
* Kevin Riley = The moral conscience AND movie reviewer for cfl.ca.  :)
* When in doubt, always ask (WWKD) What Would Kevin Do?
* Forgive me for always taking the High Road.  It's the ONLY Road I know.

Abendschan

My fantasy picks :

Megan Hilty
Kaitlyn Lawes
Neve Campbell
Princess Eugenie
Amy Adams

...but we might not be talking about the same thing.
I'll go with Michael "Geezer" Butler of Black Sabbath - Lyrics/Songwriter

Users Online

37 Guests, 0 Users (8 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Google (8)

Most Online Today: 114. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)