Aerial

I very much doubt it.  Will be interesting how this all turns out.
"Canadian football does in fact have 4 downs, its just that as Canadians we are very polite and punt on the third down" -John Candy, SCTV

Iconic SR

...isn't drinking booze 'self-medicating' regardless of the circumstances?...
Seemingly these days drinking and having fun where nobody gets hurt and property remains intact and laws aren't broken - is called 'partying or having fun'.

If something goes wrong (property is damaged or altercations arise, or the law is involved etc) then the drinking one does is called 'self medicating'.

That's my observation anyway. If JM hadn't gotten into trouble while partying, would the self medicating topic even arise? Not sure. 

HfxTC

Realistically is there any other CFL team that wants Manziel?
At near Collaros salary? Not a ONE.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

Iconic SR

Realistically is there any other CFL team that wants Manziel?
At near Collaros salary? Not a ONE.
That’s what I thought too. So basically we are seeing that Manziel is attractive (to the TiCats and perhaps others) for under $200K with some incentives on top.

Still shaking my head over June Jones ‘highest paid’ talk earlier. Made me wonder if Manziel was gonna ink something for $600K. GMs everywhere must grimace and pucker the old sphincter when someone says that stuff, lol.

ExPat

Still shaking my head over June Jones ‘highest paid’ talk earlier. Made me wonder if Manziel was gonna ink something for $600K. GMs everywhere must grimace and pucker the old sphincter when someone says that stuff, lol.

He didn’t say that.  I believe someone corrected you the last time you posted this.  

Iconic SR

He didn’t say that.  I believe someone corrected you the last time you posted this.  
Can you post link to June Jones Facebook or social media post?
I found this story where Jones claimed Manziel would be the best player to ever be in CFL. Isn't the best also highest paid or near to it?

https://www.cfl.ca/2017/12/08/jones-manziel-hed-best-player-ever-play/

Argo Tailgater

Trade his rights, ticats are set at QB.
They never gave up anything to get his "rights" ..

So why should other teams give up something.

Just release him to allow other teams get him if they wish
I agree with that. Meg list rights should not be available as trade commodities you either sign hold or remove. This is biased towards the teams enough as is.
Exactly.  Negotiations List should mean we talk to him first and exclusively, we make an offer, he accepts or rejects.  If they are close then they can negotiate back and forth.  Otherwise they are done, and time for each to move on. Manziel or Joe Schmoe, you can’t keep someone tied up on a list where you only need to offer them the minimum contract one a year to keep them there.  

Aerial

They are in negotiations though, what's the problem?  Manziel was offered a contract, back and forth, forth and back, TiCats keep his rights.  Again, what's the problem?  One year with a contract sounds reasonable.  The Cats could have offered at true minimum CFL salary and honestly, that's all I think JM is worth.  I think the guy is toast to ever play another down of pro football in either the NFL or CFL.  Maybe some Italian league I guess.

Iconic SR

They are in negotiations though, what's the problem?  Manziel was offered a contract, back and forth, forth and back, TiCats keep his rights.  Again, what's the problem?  One year with a contract sounds reasonable.  The Cats could have offered at true minimum CFL salary and honestly, that's all I think JM is worth.  I think the guy is toast to ever play another down of pro football in either the NFL or CFL.  Maybe some Italian league I guess.
I wonder what all this Johnny Manziel drama and speculation does to the morale of the existing TiCats group of players. Most haven't been born or blessed with the privilege and God given raw talent that JM has, and they have busted their butts to get onto a pro club, and here we have suspended NFLer (who tossed his opportunity into the trash) Johnny Football acting like any team who now signs him is the luckiest team ever and his presence and blessings that he provides will put that team over the top. When in reality, he's a 50/50 coin toss.

It must be frustrating when everyone on the existing TiCats roster who may be playing alongside JM soon - knows it's hard work and commitment that gets you on top. Do his O-Linemen try as hard to protect the self proclaimed superstar? Do the receivers expose their bodies to vicious hits as readily? Do opponents pin their ears back just a LITTLE BIT MORE to make QB contact?

It's got to mess with players heads.

Aerial

I don't think it messes with their heads at all Iconic.  Hey, he was put on a neg list like thousands of other players and the TiCats didn't go and give some stupid salary demands.

All part of the biz and I think players know exactly what is and what isn't a neg list.  Nothing more, nothing less, sometimes a player works out from this list, sometimes it doesn't work out, whatever.

sure, the guy is a Heisman trophy winner and played as a starting qb in the NFL.  But as most people in sports knows, doesn't mean much in the long run if the noggin isn't screwed on right.

woody

I believe Cookie Gilchrist is the most complete football player of all time. He belongs in the Canadian Football Hall of Fame!

ExPat

Can you post link to June Jones Facebook or social media post?
I found this story where Jones claimed Manziel would be the best player to ever be in CFL. Isn't the best also highest paid or near to it?

https://www.cfl.ca/2017/12/08/jones-manziel-hed-best-player-ever-play/
I don't really know how to find the link.  Anyway, best player and highest paid player are two different things.

For the record, I think it was a goofy thing to say he'd be the best ever - but to declare him the highest paid before he's agreed on a contract would be downright stupid.

Lucas Bellemare

Manziel confirmed he will attend to the Spring League, a four team league playing in march and april.  

https://www.rds.ca/football/le-retour-de-johnny-manziel-passera-par-la-spring-league-1.5950845

Altough it doesn't mean he will turn away from the CFL, it's a signal that Manziel wants to go back in NFL as soon as possible. The players of the Spring League have no salary, altough they don't have to pay for the food and the accomodation. 

Aerial

I'm sure he can afford playing for no money for a while.  In this case then he hasn't signed a two year contract with a CFL club so he'll be available.  All he wants is to show he's cleaned up and ready to go and yes, back to the NFL asap.

Users Online

111 Guests, 24 Users (20 Spiders, 3 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Glovesave, guelphcatsfan, ExPat, Lennywasout, Grover, Iconic SR, RidervilleWelshminstrel, mycko75, CFLfan_1990, ticat1, Jindred, RedandWhite, everyman, SeaFiddle, bwf029, letsgoticats, Fred C Dobbs, PrideLivesHere, Ticatsfan25, DisplacedCatsFan, Augustus67, Google (AdSense) (13), Google (6), Baidu

Most Online Today: 184. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)