TravelPat1

It sounds like the Cats and Manziel's agent are still talking. 

This from a Q&A with Tillman posted today on 3Downnation.

Dunk: Any discussion about the Ticats quarterbacking situation merits a question on Johnny Manziel. What’s the current status and do you expect Manziel will be in a Ticats uniform this year?
Tillman: “Kent is our point person on that one. He and Erik [Burkhardt, Manziel’s agent] have developed an excellent rapport. In this situation, though, think we all agree that the less said publicly, the better. So, let’s leave it there, please.”

Iconic SR

It sounds like the Cats and Manziel's agent are still talking.

This from a Q&A with Tillman posted today on 3Downnation.

Dunk: Any discussion about the Ticats quarterbacking situation merits a question on Johnny Manziel. What’s the current status and do you expect Manziel will be in a Ticats uniform this year?
Tillman: “Kent is our point person on that one. He and Erik [Burkhardt, Manziel’s agent] have developed an excellent rapport. In this situation, though, think we all agree that the less said publicly, the better. So, let’s leave it there, please.”
Tillman is great to listen to and is a master at saying much while saying nothing.
This could be taken either way: Maybe - OR - I’m not touching this one.

Which is what we all knew a month ago.

brianjoxx

So has Hamilton giving up, looks like it, on signing JM. Do other teams now have a chance if they wanted too. Sask may need a starter as little there!!!!!!!!!!!

Aerial

"A chance"?  I think the Cats are saying "go for it whoever" and that speaks volumes.
"Canadian football does in fact have 4 downs, its just that as Canadians we are very polite and punt on the third down" -John Candy, SCTV

Iconic SR

So has Hamilton giving up, looks like it, on signing JM. Do other teams now have a chance if they wanted too. Sask may need a starter as little there!!!!!!!!!!!
Manziel wouldn’t fit into Saskatchewan. His head is too big for this small province.
Wouldn’t fit thru the doors of our spankin’ new Mosaic Stadium. He would hate it here. 

depopulationINC

I would put the Riders in the upper half for QB situation TBH.  Ray/Franklin and Reilly/Glenn would probably be 1 and 2.  Collaros / Bridge is not exactly a poor spot to be in QB wise.

Xvys

For the good of the league the Ticats should trade Manziel to Montreal or B.C, allowing the winner to market a season ticket campaign around Johnny Football competing for a starting job.

I know his signing would mean a surge of interest in B.C, with Vancouver football fans very connected with the NFL and well aware of Johnny's potential. He would spur interest in Montreal too.

Hamilton has little to gain by screwing up Mont/B.C.'s marketing campaign and Manziel's CFL career...assuming the Ticats aren't interested in the Heisman winner.

HfxTC

For the good of the league the Ticats should trade Manziel to Montreal or B.C, allowing the winner to market a season ticket campaign around Johnny Football competing for a starting job.

I know his signing would mean a surge of interest in B.C, with Vancouver football fans very connected with the NFL and well aware of Johnny's potential. He would spur interest in Montreal too.

Hamilton has little to gain by screwing up Mont/B.C.'s marketing campaign and Manziel's CFL career...assuming the Ticats aren't interested in the Heisman winner.
Montreal went down to meet with him in Texas and he turned them down and made it public. I don't think he is tradeable with his salary demands.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

CatsFaninOttawa

...assuming the Ticats aren't interested in the Heisman winner.
From what I've seen from the Ticats, they are still interested in him, but only at what they consider a reasonable price. And there's no risk to them in keeping his rights in the hope that he eventually comes around.

Maybe he will, maybe he won't. What is it worth for a chance to prove himself for a couple of years, knowing that he'd make up for the lower salary in his first NFL game or two? (And if he doesn't prove himself, and doesn't make it back to the NFL, then perhaps the lower salary wasn't so unreasonable after all?)

Grover

So, you think the TiCats should trade Manziel to Montreal or B.C for the good of the League??
Charity??
If BC or MTL want him, they should make an offer to the TiCats so good, they can't refuse it.
Offer a 2019 1st round pick and a conditional 2020 1st if he signs.
TiCats already have 5 picks in the top 20 for the 2018 draft, so they don't need anymore 2018's
You can't think Tillman is going to give him away for nothing,
Oh Wait!! He did give away Ricky Ray didn't he, Hmmm.
The TiCats made a starting offer of $150K, Outside of Lulay or Franklin, there is not another backup QB making anywhere close to that in this League.

TiCats are holding the hammer in this

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

Xvys

So, you think the TiCats should trade Manziel to Montreal or B.C for the good of the League??
Charity??
If BC or MTL want him, they should make an offer to the TiCats so good, they can't refuse it.
TiCats already have 5 picks in the top 20 for the 2018 draft, so they don't need anymore 2018's
The TiCats made a starting offer of $150K, Outside of Lulay or Franklin, there is not another backup QB making anywhere close to that in this League.

I was thinking two 1st-round picks too, 2019 and 2020? Maybe that's a little rich for such a runty little unproven QB but we can't deny he's a bit of a phenomenon across North America. Manziel has less value in Hamilton because they can pretty-much sellout THF without him, whereas Montreal and B.C. desperately need something to ignite their fanbase.

I know Johnny would give the CFL a shot-in-the-arm in Vancouver. Why would Hamilton want to let him wither on the vine, losing his marketing appeal for a major market because he won't sign a $150k contract?

I don't know why the Lions aren't being mentioned in the Johnny sweepstakes? Who else to they have, a question-mark starter who may or may-not rebound, a broken-down backup who won't be fit until mid-season, and a 3rd-stringer who posted a negative passer rating last season?

The Lions traded a 1st-rounder for Kevin Glenn two years ago and he probably didn't sell one extra ticket in B.C. Johnny would sell thousands in Vancouver, with the eye's of "everyone" in North America watching him.

Iconic SR

Charity??

Still confused about the statement ‘Manziel to.........for the good of the league’??
Much more negative than positive hanging over this guy. He isn’t playing anywhere for a reason, remember. 

Mr. Pike

Correct me if I am wrong , but I believe Hervey has stated publicly that he has absolutely  no interest in J.M being on the Lions roster. 

Aerial

Still confused about the statement ‘Manziel to.........for the good of the league’??
Much more negative than positive hanging over this guy. He isn’t playing anywhere for a reason, remember.
I'm with you on that Iconic.  The guy doesn't think he has anything to prove or so seems the case in his head.

bobo82

Correct me if I am wrong , but I believe Hervey has stated publicly that he has absolutely  no interest in J.M being on the Lions roster.
No need for a correction , because you are 100% correct . Ed Hervey when asked about Manziel didn't pull any punches about if he was interested or not .

Hervey was asked if he'd be interested in quarterback Johnny Manziel....

Here's his response :

" No . No , no , no , no not at all . He'll probably be good for someone , I'm not interested in bringing in someone just to sell tickets . We want to bring in good football players , quality character guys that fit into the culture that we're trying to create here : family , team and togetherness . I don't have the information on that player . But I'm not going to beat around the bush on whether we want somebody, or not , in this case that would be an absolute no ."

quoted from an article from Dec. 13/17 at 3DN.....

http://3downnation.com/2017/12/13/new-b-c-gm-ed-hervey-chirps-the-media-talks-lulay-and-johnny-football/
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

Users Online

88 Guests, 4 Users (20 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
KevinRiley2, Mightygoose, claudebug, Google (AdSense) (10), Google (10)

Most Online Today: 182. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)