Grover

https://www.cfl.ca/2017/12/28/cfl-says-ambrosie-prepared-approve-contract-manziel/

“Since last summer, the Canadian Football League has been engaged in a thorough process to determine the eligibility of Johnny Manziel. This process has been conducted with the cooperation of Mr. Manziel and independent of the team which currently holds his CFL rights, the Hamilton Tiger-Cats.
It has included an ongoing assessment by an independent expert on the issue of violence against women, a review by legal counsel, and an in-person interview of Mr. Manziel conducted by the Commissioner. As well, Mr. Manziel has been required to meet a number of conditions set by the league.
As a result of this process, the Commissioner has now informed Mr. Manziel and the Tiger-Cats he is prepared to approve a contract for Mr. Manziel should one be negotiated.
The process that led to this decision does, however, will continue. Mr. Manziel has been informed he must continue to meet a number of conditions in order to remain eligible. These conditions, while extensive and exacting, remain confidential.

And the response from the TiCats

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

RedandWhite

...very interesting
There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark.

EastVanMark

It should be very interesting to see what happens between now and Jan 7th.

The league will be front and center for sports media attention.

Cant remember the last time this was the case.

Win-Win all around for the CFL

2ez

It should be very interesting to see what happens between now and Jan 7th.

The league will be front and center for sports media attention.

Cant remember the last time this was the case.

Win-Win all around for the CFL
As a Tiger-Cats fan, this news is a bit scary ... but it's pure genius from a marketing standpoint for the entire league and the Cats, the delay was a nice touch that kept everybody waiting on the CFL for the big news.

You've got NFL.com, ESPN, Sports Illustrated, Bleacher Report, USA Today, CBS Sports, Yahoo Sports, 247 Sports, New York Post, the Guardian, the Washington Post, International Business Times, Reuters etc. Hell even the Honolulu Star-Advertiser is down for the cause with a June Jones connection lol

I just counted 40+ outlets who've published a story in the last four hours, and they're all writing about the CFL and the potential of a Johnny Football return, plus the edition of how the CFL went through the proper protocol to clear him makes the league look forward thinking - Ambrosie is no dummy. This also is a much different feel than the Vince Young story, most people thought that was a crazy idea from day one but from what I can tell majority of Americans believe he will shine up here. That's usually the norm, but I don't think it was the same sentiments for Young.

People probably forget just how popular Johnny was during his college days, especially in Texas ... All eyes will be on Hamilton, Ontario if he ends up signing here - crazy to think about, the world is a weird place.

Aerial

Is this guy clean or still doing his "stuff"?  I usually like to be optimistic but I have a weird feeling this guy will be a bust here just like in the NFL due to his "issues", just what I think.  He's probably still messed up, hope not for his sakes but my guess is this.
I'm not allowed to comment on lousy officiating - Former Saints General Manager Jim Fink

depopulationINC

Is this guy clean or still doing his "stuff"?  I usually like to be optimistic but I have a weird feeling this guy will be a bust here just like in the NFL due to his "issues", just what I think.  He's probably still messed up, hope not for his sakes but my guess is this.
Dunno...but as a comparison we saw another guy who was well out of the game and fairly out of game shape (though it would appear was in much better shape than Johnny ) in Vince Young come in last year.  He didn' pan out, though looked "ok" in camp (plain stunning arm strength still).  He took it pretty seriously and had his heart in it...that showed with how much conditioning he accomplished before coming in...if JM can do the same I will be impressed...i won't be convinced that he is willing to put that work in until I see it though.

JM was never really an NFL bust per say...he more quit on himself.

Either way.. .both are huge publicity for the league.

Brendan McGuire

MadJack

All nine of your posts merely link to articles on your blog.  Are you just posting here to advertise your site?

HfxTC

Brendan, are you spamming us?
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

ro1313

All nine of your posts merely link to articles on your blog.  Are you just posting here to advertise your site?
Sully already warned him..(warn is too strong a word)

If he (The OP) thinks I'll click on a link by a new poster and hope my computer doesn't get infected.....he should think again

letsgoticats

All nine of your posts merely link to articles on your blog.  Are you just posting here to advertise your site?

If he (The OP) thinks I'll click on a link by a new poster and hope my computer doesn't get infected.....he should think again
You won't get infected, don't worry.  But the guy should still be banned for his constant spam.

ro1313

If he (The OP) thinks I'll click on a link by a new poster and hope my computer doesn't get infected.....he should think again
You won't get infected, don't worry.  
I understand that...But that the point is that I wont click on a link unless I know its safe.  I click on links from posters that I know....Someone new signs up and says  HI!  Click on this link!   Sorry, its not gonna happen

Aerial

ro, what's the worst thing that can happen?  You get a virus and your computer and all your files are corrupted, what's the big deal if that happens?  ;D

The highlights I keep seeing of Manziel on Sportscentre does make me see that his skill set is absolutely perfect for a Flutie style of CFL offence at least theoretically.  If he's clean and comes up here serious and is with a coach who will give him freedom to improvise, he will be a huge star, of course you still need a decent o line and good receivers and an average back running wise but who will block and can catch balls from quick pitch outs.

beaglehound

The highlights I keep seeing of Manziel on Sportscentre does make me see that his skill set is absolutely perfect for a Flutie style of CFL offence at least theoretically.  If he's clean and comes up here serious and is with a coach who will give him freedom to improvise, he will be a huge star, of course you still need a decent o line and good receivers and an average back running wise but who will block and can catch balls from quick pitch outs.
Great comment Aerial, especially the part about having a decent O-line.  That is a must!
"Peace is not the absence of conflict in life but the ability to cope with it."

Johnny Ticat slayer

You won't get infected, don't worry.  
I understand that...But that the point is that I wont click on a link unless I know its safe.  I click on links from posters that I know....Someone new signs up and says  HI!  Click on this link!   Sorry, its not gonna happen
Click on this Ro.  :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

"Shut up Wesley!"   Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7

Users Online

115 Guests, 1 User (6 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
oo DAWG oo, Yahoo!, Google (5)

Most Online Today: 170. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)