ArgoT

I  watched the new commish on TSN with Dave Naylor and am truly disappointed how  expansion is not even close on his radar.
With his estimate how it may come up down the road in the range of 12-18 months?
Not good news for us wanting a 10th team badly.

FootbalYouBet

Quote from: "ArgoT"
I  watched the new commish on TSN with Dave Naylor and am truly disappointed how  expansion is not even close on his radar.
With his estimate how it may come up down the road in the range of 12-18 months?
it will be years before they should have a tenth team
Crush cream soda is oh so good.  I think I'll have another

There are people out there who just will not be happy until they have created sentient AI.

rshmglsky

Quote from: "FootbalYouBet"

If they insist on an Atlantic/Maritime team...

I like the Maritime as part of the name, but in my opinion the Atlantic Schooners is still best out there.

QQ One-Nine

It's not on his radar because there is no opportunity for it. The CFL does not build stadiums.
“This isn’t about why football doesn’t work in Ottawa,” said (Jeff) Hunt, “It’s more, on a larger scale, why poorly run businesses don’t work anywhere.” Ottawa Business Journal, September 12th, 2013.

Cool

Quote from: "FootbalYouBet"

#Vision
Pull Together everyone

ArgoT

Quote from: "CRFadmin"

It's not on his radar because there is no opportunity for it. The CFL does not build stadiums.

To the credit of Mark Cohon he at least had games out east and was noticeable in visiting the mayors of Moncton and Halifax on the fact finding missions of garnering possible interest.
I know we have to give Jeff some time, but to put out a statement like he did is truly perplexing.
Especially since it is unlikely how the BOG have not soured on the expansion possibility.

project.legacy

Not sure what the big deal is, Mark Cohon himself stated that expansion was at least 10 years away.

Mark7

Quote from: "CRFadmin"

The CFL should get involved, build a stadium like Empire Field, the one the Lions used while BC Place was out of service. Having a 10th team would bring in fan and TV money. Would be worth the $15 mil investment.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empire_Field
Gotta luv the CFL!!!!!

BCRiderFan

Tempire was exactly as it's name sounded - it was a temporary stadium, made to last only a couple of years maximum. It was essentially scaffolding. If the Atlantic region wants a team, they need to build a real stadium, not a Tinkertoy temporary stadium. With all the great new modern stadiums going up in Canada, building a cheapo temporary stadium would be a step back - not happening in the modern CFL
Grey Cup wins last decade, okay 11 years

Sask - 2
BC - 2
Cal - 2
Mtl - 2
Tor - 1
Edm -1
Ott - 1
Ham - 0
Wpg - 0

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_G ... _champions

Cool

Stadium's already been built. See Hamilton.  

Great minds think alike.

:thup:

Mark7

Quote from: "BCRiderFan"
Tempire was exactly as it's name sounded - it was a temporary stadium, made to last only a couple of years maximum. It was essentially scaffolding. If the Atlantic region wants a team, they need to build a real stadium, not a Tinkertoy temporary stadium. With all the great new modern stadiums going up in Canada, building a cheapo temporary stadium would be a step back - not happening in the modern CFL

I was at Empire, it was not scaffolding and had a much better vibe than the BC Tomb where they have to close off the upper deck because its so sterile.  Empire  served its purpose, and a like field can as well to get the CFl to the Maritimes. It would get a team up and running and show that the CFL can succeed. Who in their right mind would build a massive stadium with public dollars and then hope people show?  Start slow and and grow.

cflsteve

one last step is in progress for the Argo's. From a CFL standpoint that needs to be secured before looking at expansion.
From a Halifax/NOVA Scotia/ATlantic region standpoint. A wait and see process will take place.
1. what model would best fit them. major redevelopment like Ottawa. teaming wit a university like Winnipeg. Something in between.

2. Are other events of NAtional or international that are being hosted in other cities and regions seeing visitors pumping substancial $$$ into the area. enough to where it would be a well worth investment that they are going to continue to miss out on without a stadium.

BCRiderFan

Quote from: "Mark7"
Quote from: "BCRiderFan"

I was at Empire, it was not scaffolding and had a much better vibe than the BC Tomb where they have to close off the upper deck because its so sterile.  Empire  served its purpose, and a like field can as well to get the CFl to the Maritimes. It would get a team up and running and show that the CFL can succeed. Who in their right mind would build a massive stadium with public dollars and then hope people show?  Start slow and and grow.

I was at Tempire many times, and it was essentially scaffolding as I stated. Building something similar out east would be a waste of time and money. The $15 million or whatever to be spent on a temporary stadium should go to a real and permanent modern age CFL stadium.

Cool

Quote from: "cflsteve"
one last step is in progress for the Argo's. From a CFL standpoint that needs to be secured before looking at expansion.

The Argonaut franchise will not be totally secured without the Atlantic franchise.

The other sailing ship.

Vermonter

Users Online

87 Guests, 19 Users (9 Spiders, 5 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Hammertown Proud, raymarkca, Taleback, Grover, ExPat, MtnCat, letsgoticats, Grimzby, Balticfox, Argofan13, giasone, BillyDee87, Mightygoose, Lennywasout, Google (AdSense) (7), Google (2)

Most Online Today: 151. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)