Cool

Quote from: "drummer_god"
The Atlantic schooners will never exist in the CFL.

I doubt that.
Pull Together everyone
1873

FootbalYouBet

I don't think it should be called atlantic.  I think it should be maritime something.

Maritime Clubbers would be nasty  :wink:
Crush cream soda is oh so good.  I think I'll have another

bobo8224

How's about scrapping the Schooners as a name and going with the........LOBSTERS  :)  :rockin:  :lol:                                                
GO LOBSTERS GO !!!! Claw your way to Victory  8)  :cowboy:   :lol:                

They could even call their fans the Lobster Mobsters !!!  :cowboy:            
[size=150]15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS
12,13,15,28,29,32,43,53,57,63,65,67,72,86,99             [/size]

rshmglsky

Quote from: "MadJack"
You know it has been a long offseason when we're arguing about a name for a team that does not exist, and never has.

Well, at least we're not arguing about whether the pitch they play on should be 90% or 100% grass.

rj1

Quote from: "MadJack"
You know it has been a long offseason when we're arguing about a name for a team that does not exist, and never has.

the Yellowknife Snowdrifts!

GreyDragon

Halifax PAISLEYPLAIDS!

That name and the resulting uniforms would put the REDBLACKS to shame.  8)

After all, PAISLEYPLAID is the new REDBLACK.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

J5V

I think they should call it Gary.

bobo8224

Quote from: "GreyDragon"
Halifax PAISLEYPLAIDS!

That name and the resulting uniforms would put the REDBLACKS to shame.  8)

After all, PAISLEYPLAID is the new REDBLACK.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Initial Prototype jerseys  :lol:              


Initial Prototype pants  :lol:                              


Initial Prototype socks  :lol:                    

You put that all together and that's one nice looking uniform  :lol:  8)  :rockin:              

Cool

Quote from: "FootbalYouBet"
I don't think it should be called atlantic.  I think it should be maritime something.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlantic_Canada

Good summary/explanation.

Vermonter

The Maritime Mounties
The Thunder Bay Barnacles
The Anchorage Alaskans
Ville de Québec Bûcherons
The London Red Coats
The Windsor Wind Coats
The Saskatoon Watermelon Heads
The Vicotria Antiques
The Red Deer Bucks
The Yellow Knife Blades
The White Horse Stallions
The Halifax Hoseurs
The New Brunswick Soup Strainers
The PEI Islanders
The Newfoundland Labradors
The Prince George Royals
 8)

rcon

Always thought the "Maritime Marauders"  would be a good name, with pirate or pirate ship as a logo. http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/x/pirate-m ... 581992.jpg

WVCFLFan

Quote from: "project.legacy"
Halifax or Atlantic Krakens for me please.

While the Schooners isn't anywhere near as bad as the REDBLACKS (dumbest name in the history of sports, IMO Jeff Hunt thought it was amazing due to the All Blacks success), it just doesn't feel right. We already have one Boatmen in this league no need for another. Add in that schooners is a dated name and while it was supposed to be the name of a upstart team in the 80's that team never existed, maybe is time to let go.

Also, before anyone asks, yes, I am more than well aware of why the schooners name was important and the history of ship building in the region.


I was going to suggest Krakens myself but you beat me to it.  It would definitely lead itself to greater marketing opportunities than something as bland as Schooners.  Schooners sound more like a baseball team name (again rather bland) but Krakens almost sounds like an Arena League name. Maybe something in between might work. Regardless, either one still beats RedBlacks.

FootbalYouBet

Quote from: "WVCFLFan"
Quote from: "project.legacy"
Halifax or Atlantic Krakens for me please.

While the Schooners isn't anywhere near as bad as the REDBLACKS (dumbest name in the history of sports, IMO Jeff Hunt thought it was amazing due to the All Blacks success), it just doesn't feel right. We already have one Boatmen in this league no need for another. Add in that schooners is a dated name and while it was supposed to be the name of a upstart team in the 80's that team never existed, maybe is time to let go.

Also, before anyone asks, yes, I am more than well aware of why the schooners name was important and the history of ship building in the region.


I was going to suggest Krakens myself but you beat me to it.  It would definitely lead itself to greater marketing opportunities than something as bland as Schooners.  Schooners sound more like a baseball team name (again rather bland) but Krakens almost sounds like an Arena League name. Maybe something in between might work. Regardless, either one still beats RedBlacks.
holy mackerel, there is a team in Halifax

The Halifax Holy Mackerel

Deanjo

Move Toronto's franchise there and call them the Atlantic Argos.

Cool

I wonder who the Schoon would have taken in the first round...
 


Users Online

86 Guests, 12 Users (15 Spiders, 3 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Grover, FootbalYouBet, Chris_87, GHT120, of course, Slomojo2005, Count Floyd, popo, Mightygoose, Google (15)

Most Online Today: 155. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)