GHT120

with over 112,000 views on this topic, I would say there sure is a lot of interest.
Of course we would need to analyze how many came from folks located east of the Quebec - New Brunswick border for that to be significant.  Interest from Vancouver does little to encourage local ownership in Halifax.
Let's  not confuse FACTS with OPINIONS

CFLhal

Where's the Political will on this?

The Atlantic region continues to struggle to garner 21st century business (is ___________  considering this area for a new site i.e. Amazon etc).  No?

Well what then?
The Amazon HQ has been narrowed down to one Canadian city Toronto.   I wouldn't expect it to go to Toronto after the big Trump tax cuts.

Halifax just opened a world class convention centre that can accommodate 10,000 in the main hall and another 4,000 in the ballroom and meeting spaces.
Total cost of $500 MILLION

it's already attracting major international conventions and a real shot in the arm for hotels/bars/restaurant and the tourism industry.
A couple of conventions a month can bring in 20,000 out of towners

https://www.halifaxconventioncentre.com/the-facility 

Iconic SR

All of these elements of the growth that is happening in Halifax and area - is a huge part of the CFL bid there. Halifax is taking a big step forward and the Halifax ownership group and the CFL both want to be an important part of that growth

rpaege

All of these elements of the growth that is happening in Halifax and area - is a huge part of the CFL bid there. Halifax is taking a big step forward and the Halifax ownership group and the CFL both want to be an important part of that growth
This is really refreshing news. Given the age of Halifax and its relatively small size, it's hard not to believe that growth has never really been a priority there (in peacetime anyway). That finally appears to be changing. I just wonder how they managed to build a convention centre among the calls for spending that money on schools instead — so the students can get a decent education before they leave town. I'm glad that people finally figured out that economic growth can also help provide diverse opportunities and help retain talent.

Grover

Farhan Lalji
✔@FarhanLaljiTSN
Re #CFLinHalifax: The prospective ownership group & selected governors met on Tuesday. It was an opportunity for current owners to provide feedback on the business plan. Cautious optimism as the process moves forward. Stadium still the key. @CFLonTSN @TSN_Sports @cfl @CFL_News
1:28 PM - May 17, 2018

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

canadianfootballfan

Farhan Lalji
✔@FarhanLaljiTSN
Re #CFLinHalifax: The prospective ownership group & selected governors met on Tuesday. It was an opportunity for current owners to provide feedback on the business plan. Cautious optimism as the process moves forward. Stadium still the key. @CFLonTSN @TSN_Sports @cfl @CFL_News
1:28 PM - May 17, 2018
Great news!  I just hope the talks and optimism continue.

Iconic SR

This new Atlantic Schooners team will rise (or fall) on real estate development vs CFL demand in the Maritimes. We know the market is ripe for CFL there, but is the real estate work that is required - viable for it?

Users Online

93 Guests, 12 Users (11 Spiders, 4 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
TravelPat1, KevinRiley2, tcmike, SeaFiddle, Onemoredork, Augustus67, Mightygoose, Holy Mackinaw, Google (AdSense) (4), Google (7)

Most Online Today: 189. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)