OskeeweeneeVI

EZ--your link is from 6 years ago.  A lot has changed since then.  You wouldn't be related to Bungle, would you?

CFL Pete

The Maritime Kraken!!!!!  Can't you just see the players running onto the field through a giant Kraken's head?  Yes!  Release the Kraken!!!!!!

rshmglsky

The Maritime Kraken!!!!!  Can't you just see the players running onto the field through a giant Kraken's head?  Yes!  Release the Kraken!!!!!!
Sounds like something that needs to stay inside World of Warcraft.

FootbalYouBet

maritime mossad
Crush cream soda is oh so good.  I think I'll have another

it is not how much you love but how well you love

why be part of the solution when you can be part of the problem

ArgoT

It has been relatively quiet since Randy did his 10 city tour.
Are there any rumblings for those living out east about an announcement for a conditional franchise for the spring.
Presumably the owners have done their due diligence on the preferred stadium site by now.
That was sort of the deadline given with the hope the shovel in the ground could be started before year end.
We all want a playing team in the year 20!

pianoman8849

It has been relatively quiet since Randy did his 10 city tour.
Are there any rumblings for those living out east about an announcement for a conditional franchise for the spring.
Presumably the owners have done their due diligence on the preferred stadium site by now.
That was sort of the deadline given with the hope the shovel in the ground could be started before year end.
We all want a playing team in the year 20!
I live in Halifax and, not a whisper yet. Like yourself, I'm kind of expecting something soon. Time is going fast. 

joe

Would be great to see CFL Week in Halifax next year.

Give a little primer for what your in for. 

Rosin up those bows, let them fiddles sing.

kwikkyd

Maritime Vikings...I know that Minnesota has the same name, but there is some proof that the 
Vikings landed in Newfoundland. What's to say they didn't make there way down in to the Maritimes

sth1988

Maritime Vikings...I know that Minnesota has the same name, but there is some proof that the
Vikings landed in Newfoundland. What's to say they didn't make there way down in to the Maritimes
Not sure if the competition committee would approve thier helmets

Hank01

Warming up to the term East Coast instead of Atlantic . Prefer Maritime if it's regional . Never liked the term Atlantic not sure why ; it just reminds me of the Atlantic and Pacific Company . A&P Grocery where I worked once maybe giving me that negative vibe . 

Still if it's city or provincial money that is invested it will be Halifax or Nova Scotia in front of the team name. 

Not sure it's really necessary to feel you alienate New Brunswick or PEI CFL fans if you don't regionalize the name . IF your that fickle about seeing a game I doubt you were going to patronize the league anyways .

If it's  Private only money they will call it whatever the like .

schoonersfan

Warming up to the term East Coast instead of Atlantic . Prefer Maritime if it's regional . Never liked the term Atlantic not sure why ; it just reminds me of the Atlantic and Pacific Company . A&P Grocery where I worked once maybe giving me that negative vibe .

Still if it's city or provincial money that is invested it will be Halifax or Nova Scotia in front of the team name.

Not sure it's really necessary to feel you alienate New Brunswick or PEI CFL fans if you don't regionalize the name . IF your that fickle about seeing a game I doubt you were going to patronize the league anyways .

If it's  Private only money they will call it whatever the like .
The potential ownership group already came out and said it will be called Atlantic(as in Atlantic Canada). I have also heard from some in the area(Not in Nova Scotia) that they wouldn't support a team as much if it was called Halifax feeling like it would alienate them from feeling like its their team. I can understand that as if the team was to be placed in Moncton and called Moncton I probably would support it but not die hard like if was the regional team. Not opposed to East Coast but Maritime would be my least favorite.  

Hank01

Yes Schooner I heard them say that too but I know if it's my city or province paying for it I would want that reflected in the name .

If there was a team in New Brunswick I would think it's best bet for success is to call it New Brunswick . I think your core fans will always be the closest fans geographically and will want the name to reflect that .

It would be like calling Saskatchewan Rough Riders the Prairie Rough Riders if Manitoba didn't have a team . Just don't think it's necessary .

c-way-dude

The potential ownership group already came out and said it will be called Atlantic(as in Atlantic Canada). I have also heard from some in the area(Not in Nova Scotia) that they wouldn't support a team as much if it was called Halifax feeling like it would alienate them from feeling like its their team. I can understand that as if the team was to be placed in Moncton and called Moncton I probably would support it but not die hard like if was the regional team. Not opposed to East Coast but Maritime would be my least favorite.  
Anyone that fickle in their support would be highly unlikely to spend the minimum 4.5 hours round trip to see a game anyhow.

c-way-dude

Yes Schooner I heard them say that too but I know if it's my city or province paying for it I would want that reflected in the name .

If there was a team in New Brunswick I would think it's best bet for success is to call it New Brunswick . I think your core fans will always be the closest fans geographically and will want the name to reflect that .

It would be like calling Saskatchewan Rough Riders the Prairie Rough Riders if Manitoba didn't have a team . Just don't think it's necessary .
Agree 100%.

Users Online

74 Guests, 2 Users (7 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
PatLynch, Google (AdSense), Google (6)

Most Online Today: 160. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)