FootbalYouBet

Quote from: "HfxTC"
Neptune is GM and Aquaman is the HC.
and ronan dex is the star slotback.
Crush cream soda is oh so good.  I think I'll have another

There are people out there who just will not be happy until they have created sentient AI.

HfxTC

Quote from: "FootbalYouBet"
Quote from: "HfxTC"
Neptune is GM and Aquaman is the HC.
and ronan dex is the star slotback.

Very dangerous team in wet conditions...
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

Cool

Haven't heard any updates of late.  Where is it?  What's happening?  Tweeting McNeil & Savage?  

Good logo Bobo.   :thup:   Keep them coming.

#Anchordown
Pull Together everyone

Vermonter

Quote from: "bobo8224"

Totally awesome!!!

How disappointing is it going to be if the eventual Maritime team (knock on wood) is not named The Atlantic Schooners?

:cowboy:

drummer_god

Terrible name and worse logo.
It will sink like a stone.

Vermonter

Quote from: "drummer_god"

Bannable? Mods?

:D

Cool

What?

rshmglsky

At the very least it beats the Ottawa ALL CAPS. But seriously the name Schooners should be a condition of granting an expansion franchise.

c-way-dude

I don't mind the Schooners nickname, but I detest the Atlantic name.  If Schooners is to be the nickname, call them the Nova Scotia Schooners (even if they were to play an annual regular season game in Moncton).

drummer_god

Horrible all around.

Cool

Cool

But the question remains, where the hell is this team.

drummer_god

The Atlantic schooners will never exist in the CFL.

project.legacy

Halifax or Atlantic Krakens for me please.

While the Schooners isn't anywhere near as bad as the REDBLACKS (dumbest name in the history of sports, IMO Jeff Hunt thought it was amazing due to the All Blacks success), it just doesn't feel right. We already have one Boatmen in this league no need for another. Add in that schooners is a dated name and while it was supposed to be the name of a upstart team in the 80's that team never existed, maybe is time to let go.

Also, before anyone asks, yes, I am more than well aware of why the schooners name was important and the history of ship building in the region.

MadJack

You know it has been a long offseason when we're arguing about a name for a team that does not exist, and never has.

Users Online

85 Guests, 19 Users (8 Spiders, 5 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Grover, ExPat, Hammertown Proud, Taleback, MtnCat, raymarkca, letsgoticats, Grimzby, Balticfox, Argofan13, giasone, BillyDee87, Mightygoose, Lennywasout, Google (AdSense) (7), Google

Most Online Today: 151. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)