HfxTC

We NEED a CFL team in Halifax.  Let's build the stadium at Shannon Park!
Shannon Park? Too much congestion and a lot of roads leading to it are secondary ones. Dartmouth Crossing makes a lot more sense, with the large amount of room for a stadium, parking, future expansion etc.  Furthermore, a fast growing retail and food services area. Also, it's closer to the Halifax Airport than any other mentioned location.
Who cares about HFX International? When planning a football stadium. Don't mind The Crossing but the Airport argument is silly.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

brihind88

Quote from: Gornaldatron

I really like the logo (four sails for four provinces?).  A really unique colour scheme.  I bet it would sell a lot of merchandise.
Great uniform however I like a more teal colour or aqua green .
I like it. Great colours (something like the Miami Dolphins). Just looks classy and I also think it would be a good merchandise seller.
bland dull and boring.

beaglehound

For the longest time I was always going off of the logo found online, but it wasn't even the proper colour scheme. I think it was taken from the black-and-white newspaper clipping and coloured with some gold. The actual team colours were supposed to be silver, blue, and gold. That would also be terrible because we already have a blue and gold team and we already have a blue, silver, and red team. I'm hoping for teal or turquoise just to change it up. Uniforms along these lines, found online:

What a great looking uniform! Colors look great and the logo on the helmet is fantastic. This is a winner in my books!

brihind88

According to poster argo0906 , this is just not possible.

Sound like he is familiar with the area.

Hope this does not turn out to be a big waste of time.

If it is, I will still be happy with our 9 team league.

Saskfan4life

Who cares about HFX International? When planning a football stadium. Don't mind The Crossing but the Airport argument is silly.

If and when the stadium gets built, the Schooners are operational, and visiting teams and their fans come to games, especially if and when you get to host a Grey Cup, the stadium's proximity to the airport, and with that I would assume also many hotel options, would be a HUGE plus. Not a silly argument at all.

TravelPat1

If and when the stadium gets built, the Schooners are operational, and visiting teams and their fans come to games, especially if and when you get to host a Grey Cup, the stadium's proximity to the airport, and with that I would assume also many hotel options, would be a HUGE plus. Not a silly argument at all.
Halifax's Stanfield Airport is more or less in the middle of nowhere about 30 km outside Halifax with 3 or 4 Airport Hotels and pretty much not much else there. Certainly no significant population base is there to conveniently draw fans from. The OVERWHELMING amount of tourism infrastructure (several hotels, other sites of interest to tourists, restaurants etc) is not found anywhere near the airport - nor is the population base of the area. They are all found in the area of central Halifax/Dartmouth.

Gornaldatron

For anyone curious what the actual colour scheme was supposed to look like, the original logos were featured in a CTV/TSN story a little while back:

It's pretty dated though. It would be cool for a retro look, but I'm still on board the teal train.

BCRiderFan

For anyone curious what the actual colour scheme was supposed to look like, the original logos were featured in a CTV/TSN story a little while back:

It's pretty dated though. It would be cool for a retro look, but I'm still on board the teal train.
Again, this was just a placeholder logo - had they been able to secure an actual team, it would have been entirely revamped anyways.
Grey Cup wins last decade, okay 11 years

Sask - 2
BC - 2
Cal - 2
Mtl - 2
Tor - 1
Edm -1
Ott - 1
Ham - 0
Wpg - 0

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_G ... _champions

DAN38

I think anywhere near the airport is a bad idea for a stadium because the only thing near the airport is THE airport.

I've liked the name Schooners for a long time now. If the team can get Olands behind them then I feel there should be no conflict. The plurality of Schooner(s) changes the name anyway. Another plus is the Bluenose was a schooner built and sailed out of Lunenburg which is just down the shore from Halifax.

Another name I have liked for a long time is Corvettes. I don't care about the Chev, a corvette was a tough little ship that protected the convoys against U-boats in WW2. Again, the name is plural.

In keeping with the way soccer teams are named, they could be called the Halifax Explosion. Excuse me if this has been mentioned before. I have never seen this name put forward. That does not mean it hasn't.

Si vis pacem... para bellum

If you think you can't when you can, you won't.
If you think you can when you can't, you just might.

Vermonter

1898, 1900, 02, 25, 26, 40, 51, 60, 68, 69, 73, 76, 2016

sully

Anyone know where this is all from (as in who created the image)? It's kind of awesome.
I'm the Senior Director of Technology for the Canadian Football League. Got technology concerns/ideas for the league? E-mail me at ssyed@cfl.ca and we'll talk.

Hank01

Anyone know where this is all from (as in who created the image)? It's kind of awesome.
I originally saw it on the double blue room page 31 . They gave credit to a fan known as joe747 at the Riders fan forum not the one here . Looks like that forum archived the original link as it doesn't connect . I cannot find Joe747 on their member list . It was from a 2016 post he did renders of all the teams with different schemes not just one .

drummer_god

Could use a touch of yellow IMO. 

prairiewolf77

I like that logo with the four sails.
Color scheme reminds me of the carolina panthers.

Users Online

82 Guests, 7 Users (15 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
blackandgld, Hamilton2005, rshmglsky, Onemoredork, fireeater, bobo82, Google (AdSense) (3), Google (12)

Most Online Today: 114. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)