Aerial

If I go to a game again all I want is the ability to get totally wasted if need be and looks like all the CFL teams selling booze as such will allow that to happen.  8)
"Canadian football does in fact have 4 downs, its just that as Canadians we are very polite and punt on the third down" -John Candy, SCTV

Hank01

If I go to a game again all I want is the ability to get totally wasted if need be and looks like all the CFL teams selling booze as such will allow that to happen.  8)
  Better bring lots of money; beer in Ottawa is over $11 but they are tall boys . Cheaper to get drunk at a bar if you need to get totally wasted . :P

EastVanMark

forget the beer, bring on the Clydesdales
ride into Churchill Downs
...in the buff....

Aerial

If I go to a game again all I want is the ability to get totally wasted if need be and looks like all the CFL teams selling booze as such will allow that to happen.  8)
 Better bring lots of money; beer in Ottawa is over $11 but they are tall boys . Cheaper to get drunk at a bar if you need to get totally wasted . :P
Forgot to add "if money wasn't an issue".   :-*

ArgoT

As a 20+ year season ticket holder, not sure what to make of this latest.
Of course, reducing the seats is a good thing as it was done when the soccer team was struggling as well. 
Hopefully that may entice some band wagon jumpers who are looking for a cheap night out/date?
But, the reduction yet again of the seating at BMO, similar to what they did at the dome, not sure about that one.
I have often said as well as my fellow season ticket neighbours, how the upper side should be filled free of charge with school age children.

brianjoxx

Of course, reducing the seats is a good thing as it was done when the soccer team was struggling as well.
Hopefully that may entice some band wagon jumpers who are looking for a cheap night out/date?
But, the reduction yet again of the seating at BMO, similar to what they did at the dome, not sure about that one.
I have often said as well as my fellow season ticket neighbours, how the upper side should be filled free of charge with school age children.
Now that is right on. You develop young loyal fans. Just a thought: $4 dollars to get in, $2 dollars for a hotdog or french fries, 1 Dollar for pop or candy or similar. Get 3-5 thousand each game.
Now that's nice. I started that way. No eliminate more seats increase prices.
Everything happens for a reason.

KevinRiley2

Now that is right on. You develop young loyal fans. Just a thought: $4 dollars to get in, $2 dollars for a hotdog or french fries, 1 Dollar for pop or candy or similar. Get 3-5 thousand each game.
Interesting ideas.

As they say, no one shrinks their way to prosperity, and the Argos keep shrinking.  :(
* Kevin Riley = The moral conscience AND movie reviewer for cfl.ca.  :)
* When in doubt, always ask (WWKD) What Would Kevin Do?
* Forgive me for always taking the High Road.  It's the ONLY Road I know.

Argo Tailgater

The only difference is they don't have the police , security ,food,  beer for sale , bands etc ..  

You can still , cook and drink something just use RED CUPs not out in the open or soda pop they won't check unless someone is rowdy or causing a disturbance .

I imagine the police and security costs for the tail gate made no sense to have a licensed event .
I don’t know if I can. Not worrying about the beer, I don’t drink personally but other people are welcome to. But the Argos tailgate provided other people, some games, free swag, music, and most importantly washrooms. 

I hope I can just pull into the parking lot and set up my BBQ, have other people there, and not be breaking any exhibition parking lot or city of Toronto bylaws.  It’s not like I tried to before. The Argos moved to the dome when I was teenager, and when I went to exhibition stadium before that I didn’t know what tailgating was. 

Hopefully tailgating will be permitted in the regular parking lot, and that others will be there. I already feel like a pariah for being a CFL and an Argo fan, don’t want to be sitting in the parking lot with my wife and kids on a Saturday afternoon in 30C weather with no washroom all alone. 

Argo Tailgater

Shame about the tailgating. It was an important part of being there.  All the additional people we brought came mostly for the tailgate.  Made it more of an event, which is important for people that come from further away. More to do more value for your money. If fans only come for the game, what will happen when the on field performance drops?  As good as the Argos are now, they won’t be forever.  A small league always has one down and out whipping boy, sooner or later it will be Argos turn at the bottom, without atmosphere there will be little reason to go. Tailgating inside the stadium isn’t remotely close to the same.  I like to cook my own food. I went to 10 games last year 8 at BMO including the playoff game, one to watch them play in Ottawa and finally the Grey Cup. For those 8 games at BMO I likely averaged 6 tickets game for friends and family. For the Eastern Final I brought 14 people to the tailgate and game, 10 people only came to the game because there was tailgating. This year I’ll still be at 6-8 regular season games, but it will likely be just two tickets.  One for me and one for my son.
Can't you keep doing it though? Only difference is you'll have to BYOB.
I don’t know if I can. Not worrying about the beer, I don’t drink personally but other people are welcome to. But the Argos tailgate provided other people, some games, free swag, music, and most importantly washrooms. 

I hope I can just pull into the parking lot and set up my BBQ, have other people there, and not be breaking any exhibition parking lot or city of Toronto bylaws.  It’s not like I tried to before. The Argos moved to the dome when I was teenager, and when I went to exhibition stadium before that I didn’t know what tailgating was. 

Hopefully tailgating will be permitted in the regular parking lot, and that others will be there. I already feel like a pariah for being a CFL and an Argo fan, don’t want to be sitting in the parking lot with my wife and kids on a Saturday afternoon in 30C weather with no washroom all alone. 

Argo Tailgater

As the Argos have said once you give the tickets away, you will never be able to charge for them. So it won’t stop the money loss. But you are right a full stadium looks and feels much better than empty one. 

FootbalYouBet

The only difference is they don't have the police , security ,food,  beer for sale , bands etc ..  

You can still , cook and drink something just use RED CUPs not out in the open or soda pop they won't check unless someone is rowdy or causing a disturbance .

I imagine the police and security costs for the tail gate made no sense to have a licensed event .

BYOPP :)
Crush cream soda is oh so good.  I think I'll have another

it is not how much you love but how well you love

why be part of the solution when you can be part of the problem

PTBO Dave

Interesting ideas.

As they say, no one shrinks their way to prosperity, and the Argos keep shrinking.  :(
And some people think shrinking the marketing budget is the way to prosper.  ;)

I'm not sure about reducing upper deck seating, though. It seems to have backfired in BC. Of course, in BC, they actually had a decent amount buying tickets up there in the first place, which isn't the case with the Argos. 

Maybe they could or should leave some upper deck seats between the 40 yard lines open, since those should be good seats.

Argos ST numbers, at least according to some reports, have been:
2015 3600 (last year at Skydome)
2016 7000 (first at BMO)
2017 3600
2018 4200 (and counting)

We'll have to see how sales go over the coming few years to see if the Argos sales team can figure out the right price point and capacity to open up.

KevinRiley2

Interesting ideas.

As they say, no one shrinks their way to prosperity, and the Argos keep shrinking.  :(
And some people think shrinking the marketing budget is the way to prosper.  ;)

I'm not sure about reducing upper deck seating, though. It seems to have backfired in BC. Of course, in BC, they actually had a decent amount buying tickets up there in the first place, which isn't the case with the Argos.

Maybe they could or should leave some upper deck seats between the 40 yard lines open, since those should be good seats.

Argos ST numbers, at least according to some reports, have been:
2015 3600 (last year at Skydome)
2016 7000 (first at BMO)
2017 3600
2018 4200 (and counting)

We'll have to see how sales go over the coming few years to see if the Argos sales team can figure out the right price point and capacity to open up.
I truly believe marketing is a waste of money.  Braley believed it and I'm starting to think MLSE does as well.  :)

Hank01

Marketing can mean different things . It doesn't always mean direct pay advertising .

MLSE markets and they are good at it . They know who . where . when and how .
They are the best in the country at what they do . The media and retail loves em and they market them for free everywhere  .

Rogers markets cell phones thru the Jays and they market both all thru the NHL playoffs by CROSS marketing both on the national CBC which they pay nothing and thru their own sports network . Just Brilliant on their part .

KevinRiley2

Marketing can mean different things . It doesn't always mean direct pay advertising .

MLSE markets and they are good at it . They know who . where . when and how .
They are the best in the country at what they do . The media and retail loves em and they market them for free everywhere  .

Rogers markets cell phones thru the Jays and they market both all thru the NHL playoffs by CROSS marketing both on the national CBC which they pay nothing and thru their own sports network . Just Brilliant on their part .
That's fair. 

Users Online

60 Guests, 3 Users (12 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
PatLynch, Mightygoose, Chestmaster, Google (AdSense) (3), Google (9)

Most Online Today: 160. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)