The Last Word

Sure, let's cut out the one thing that has given the Argos good publicity off the field, because why not? Argos are always going to Argo. What a joke. Enjoy another season of 1/3 full stands, guys, you deserve it. It doesn't take a genius to realize that the Jays' attendance has taken a massive dip so far in this young baseball season (16-17k against the Sox? Haven't seen Jays crowds that small since early in the decade) so the Argos should be doing everything they can to grab those people. But no, I guess 13,000 fans in a sea of red empty seats is acceptable to them. Well, it's not acceptable to me. If the Argos put in all the effort and the people don't show up, that's on the people. But cutting a great draw garners no sympathy for me. Enjoy red seat day at BMO, plenty of great rows available!
Team organized tailgates are lame and as posted here by Area 51 a year or two ago, the events were underwhelming.  Better to have tailgates that are organized by fans.

Those season ticket numbers are pathetic considering the Argos won the CUP.  I knew they wouldn't be that great unlike some of the Argos homers on this site who continue to make unrealistic predictions of season ticket numbers and average attendance, but I would have thought something over 5,000 would be attainable.  

Shame on you Toronto!

FootbalYouBet

Sure, let's cut out the one thing that has given the Argos good publicity off the field, because why not? Argos are always going to Argo. What a joke. Enjoy another season of 1/3 full stands, guys, you deserve it. It doesn't take a genius to realize that the Jays' attendance has taken a massive dip so far in this young baseball season (16-17k against the Sox? Haven't seen Jays crowds that small since early in the decade) so the Argos should be doing everything they can to grab those people. But no, I guess 13,000 fans in a sea of red empty seats is acceptable to them. Well, it's not acceptable to me. If the Argos put in all the effort and the people don't show up, that's on the people. But cutting a great draw garners no sympathy for me. Enjoy red seat day at BMO, plenty of great rows available!
Team organized tailgates are lame and as posted here by Area 51 a year or two ago, the events were underwhelming.  Better to have tailgates that are organized by fans.

Those season ticket numbers are pathetic considering the Argos won the CUP.  I knew they wouldn't be that great unlike some of the Argos homers on this site who continue to make unrealistic predictions of season ticket numbers and average attendance, but I would have thought something over 5,000 would be attainable.  

Shame on you Toronto!
yes, shame indeed.  That's why I cheer against Toronto in every other game/league.  Go Bruins
Crush cream soda is oh so good.  I think I'll have another

it is not how much you love but how well you love

why be part of the solution when you can be part of the problem

Aerial

Anything to make this not some rowdy thingy is good with me and more for people not wanting to go to say a TFC booze young people alcohol experience.

I say the Argos are doing EXACTLY the right thing to poise themselves opposite to the soccer experience at BMO.  Brilliant actually even though sure it won't bring the group of 20 year olds who want to go to BMO to get wasted and act like, yes, they are wasted.

Brilliant!  I say.  Hey, as long as people can go to an Argos game and have a beer, this makes total sense and again, brilliant!!!!  

Some will get my point, few for sure, but some will.  Bingo for those that do.  Hey, you can't compete with the drunk young atmosphere of TFC but what you can offer is something different while still allowing alcohol.  Again, brilliant!  Make it as family oriented as possible while still allowing people to buy a beer.  Again, brilliant because the Argos do know, as I say, they can't compete with the boozer TFC young people more non family friendly soccer thing.  But if you want to go to an Argos game and get wasted like many soccer fans, you can still do it.  8)
"Canadian football does in fact have 4 downs, its just that as Canadians we are very polite and punt on the third down" -John Candy, SCTV

PTBO Dave

No way to put a positive spin on this.
Au contraire, ST numbers are up roughly 17%, with a couple months still to go. No way to put a negative spin on that.  :D

Aerial

This is actually PURE POSITIVE IMHO.  Completely agree PTBO.

FootbalYouBet

I always find it kind of sad that so many need to drink alcohol while attending a sporting event or else they just will not go.

Aerial

I always find it kind of sad that so many need to drink alcohol while attending a sporting event or else they just will not go.
Bingo FYB!  You want a drunken affair at BMO with a bunch of young drunks, go to TFC.  A different experience from that, go to an Argos game.  And you can still get wasted!

This is what the soccer fans want here in NA:

https://munchies.vice.com/en_us/article/qknx85/france-is-banning-alcohol-because-of-massive-soccer-riots

KevinRiley2

No way to put a positive spin on this.
Au contraire, ST numbers are up roughly 17%, with a couple months still to go. No way to put a negative spin on that.  :D
You got me.  :)
* Kevin Riley = The moral conscience AND movie reviewer for cfl.ca.  :)
* When in doubt, always ask (WWKD) What Would Kevin Do?
* Forgive me for always taking the High Road.  It's the ONLY Road I know.

depopulationINC

Team organized tailgates are lame and as posted here by Area 51 a year or two ago, the events were underwhelming.  Better to have tailgates that are organized by fans.

Those season ticket numbers are pathetic considering the Argos won the CUP.  I knew they wouldn't be that great unlike some of the Argos homers on this site who continue to make unrealistic predictions of season ticket numbers and average attendance, but I would have thought something over 5,000 would be attainable.  

Shame on you Toronto!
While I prefer fan organized tailgates, something is better than nothing.  Team organized ones have shown to be successful elsewhere

depopulationINC

Bingo FYB!  You want a drunken affair at BMO with a bunch of young drunks, go to TFC.  A different experience from that, go to an Argos game.  And you can still get wasted!

This is what the soccer fans want here in NA:

https://munchies.vice.com/en_us/article/qknx85/france-is-banning-alcohol-because-of-massive-soccer-riots
Reality is that lots of people drink at events, and if you want to draw on the 20 somethings there is going to be booze involved.

The day the CFL has every stadium overflowing and there are actually riots, hey, lets revisit it.

Aerial

Reality is that lots of people drink at events, and if you want to draw on the 20 somethings there is going to be booze involved.
But no team or league should be promoting it in any fashion IMHO.  As I say, why can't people tailgate without booze?  Not rocket science.

Drawing on the people regardless of age that don't want to get loaded at tailgates is a great way to promote a team IMHO.  While still providing alcohol at the venue during the game or at a team sponsored type of event.    

Remember, the Argos are about providing a team in Toronto for the CFL even if it isn't exacty a RoughRider type experience.  People forget this.  The Argos are a promotional type tool, television tool if you will for the league regardless of attendance, and they don't need to have a packed stadium in the least to provide this.  Remember, a couple of starting pitchers or so for the Blue Jays take up the Argos entire team salaries, it's a different gestalt to what is going on.

Hank01

The game I went to at BMO I didn't see one person drunk and surprisingly the few were there were families but I was on the less popular side of the field . I did enjoy the Bacardi concession the prices were reasonable .

I can tell you the atmosphere In Ottawa is about a place for young people to gather and of course buy expensive (alcohol) drinks and expensive food at the game .
Budweiser sponsored a  place to get pictures taken for free . Budweiser also had a very popular area for fans to gather before and during the game . 

The beer and liquor companies have been a very good source for sponsorship for the CFL . The NHL ,NFL , MLB and MLS are the same .

FootbalYouBet

The game I went to at BMO I didn't see one person drunk and surprisingly the few were there were families but I was on the less popular side of the field . I did enjoy the Bacardi concession the prices were reasonable .

I can tell you the atmosphere In Ottawa is about a place for young people to gather and of course buy expensive (alcohol) drinks and expensive food at the game .
Budweiser sponsored a  place to get pictures taken for free . Budweiser also had a very popular area for fans to gather before and during the game .

The beer and liquor companies have been a very good source for sponsorship for the CFL . The NHL ,NFL , MLB and MLS are the same .
forget the beer, bring on the Clydesdales

Hank01

forget the beer, bring on the Clydesdales
Funny enough they do have an old barn slash exhibition hall next door they could set up a photo op . It doesn't hurt Budweisers colours are Red , White and Black . The horses which have been featured on commercials like the Super Bowl would be a very welcome promotion .

drummer_god

After touting the need for reduced ticket prices for ages, FINALLY they make the change. Better late than never.

Hopefully the atmosphere is improved this year with a full lower bowl and eventually opening the upper deck on the side that the TV audience sees ( west side, I believe ).

It’s unfortunate we’re losing tailgating. It was a great game enhancement for those  who participated every home game. 

Glad Pinball is back at the forefront. 

Users Online

63 Guests, 6 Users (9 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
pdson2, Mightygoose, Dr.Whiskey, PatLynch, Argofan_1000, Google (AdSense) (2), Google (7)

Most Online Today: 160. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)