Vermonter

One thing I notice every year is that you can usually make the schedule quite a bit better by simply taking what they churn out, and switching around a few of the weeks. That seems like it would be a pretty easy thing for them to do before they submit the final draft. 

One thing I miss that they did a few years back was playing a game against each team in your division to close out the season. It made the divisional races awesome down the stretch. They shied away from it though, because the West was just trouncing the East for the first two thirds of the schedule. 

depopulationINC

One thing I notice every year is that you can usually make the schedule quite a bit better by simply taking what they churn out, and switching around a few of the weeks. That seems like it would be a pretty easy thing for them to do before they submit the final draft.

One thing I miss that they did a few years back was playing a game against each team in your division to close out the season. It made the divisional races awesome down the stretch. They shied away from it though, because the West was just trouncing the East for the first two thirds of the schedule.
Pretty confident that their first draft is not their final draft.  We don't know what facilities have other commitments / potential commitments.  The team will be told that certain windows are not available.  For some teams, it is less than others.  They also go to every team and say what do you want.  Some teams step in and say they would prefer more Friday night games, some say they want Saturdays.  This effects things to.  Then there is the matter of scheduling how you *think* you will be less effected by other sports.  You are guessing with some of that, but something like the Jays, not so much.  There are only a handful of Sunday games...yet you will notice there are no Lions games either home or away on Sundays...hmm, almost like they don't want to go head to head with the Seahawks (something that has been a growing concern).  They also only have one Thursday game...again, prior to NFL starting.   There are a dozen BMO conflicts with the other FC.  That drives a lot of the dates.

It is not as black and white as some seem to think it is.

I do agree that backloading the 2nd half of the season with more divisional games makes sense. 

CFL Pete

More afternoon games in the autumn.  Afternoon Grey Cup.  

depopulationINC

More afternoon games in the autumn.  Afternoon Grey Cup.  
yes....let's get the biggest game out of primetime...the time the vast majority  actually wants to watch.  Seems legit.

Iconic SR

I'm happy CFL is about to start.
Schedule looks good to me.

Hank01

Only thing I would like to see is regular season afternoon weekend games once the fall hits . Saturday and Sunday I am good with both .

The temperature change from day to evening is vast in the fall months and it's a traditional to play in the fall afternoon when it's just more comfortable to watch .

Users Online

114 Guests, 14 Users (15 Spiders, 5 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Holy Mackinaw, KevinRiley2, tabbiefan72, bowl450, Augustus67, Onemoredork, ExPat, RichardVeilleux, RedandWhite, Google (AdSense) (9), Google (6)

Most Online Today: 189. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)