FootbalYouBet

who do we hold responsible?

do they use a dart board?

Crush cream soda is oh so good.  I think I'll have another

I don't think I am always right, it just keeps turning out that way

depopulationINC

What is so lousy?  This is the most balanced schedule in years....and to top it off it was released months sooner.

FootbalYouBet

What is so lousy?  This is the most balanced schedule in years....and to top it off it was released months sooner.
there should be NO back to backs except for labour day weekend traditions.

otherwise, last half of the season should closely mirror the first half.

if playing any team 3 times, then 1 game in first 4, next game in middle 4, last game in last 4

depopulationINC

What is so lousy?  This is the most balanced schedule in years....and to top it off it was released months sooner.

if playing any team 3 times, then 1 game in first 4, next game in middle 4, last game in last 4
This is still the best schedule in years.  The back to backs were started a few years back because of apparent popularity.  I am not a huge fan of them...but they actually researched it.  It was also necessary to up it to 2 of them per season if they wanted to keep the very popular LDC home and aways.  It is hard to win 2 in a row like that, thus unfair to have it unbalanced...I believe each team has 2 of them because of that.  seems to be pretty wise...not lousy. 

Expectations that teams only play each other in those game spans seems kinda nitpicky and unrealistic. 

Guess ya need something to gripe about though.  Shrugs.

FootbalYouBet

This is still the best schedule in years.  The back to backs were started a few years back because of apparent popularity.  I am not a huge fan of them...but they actually researched it.  It was also necessary to up it to 2 of them per season if they wanted to keep the very popular LDC home and aways.  It is hard to win 2 in a row like that, thus unfair to have it unbalanced...I believe each team has 2 of them because of that.  seems to be pretty wise...not lousy.  

Expectations that teams only play each other in those game spans seems kinda nitpicky and unrealistic.  

Guess ya need something to gripe about though.  Shrugs.
when a 2 teams  play each other 3 times in 7 games, it is something to complain about.  Specially when it is in the first or last 7.  When 2 teams that may end up competing for the same playoff spot play back to back, it can be very unfair if key players of one team are missing.  I have long been frustrated by CFL scheduling.  If this year is not as bad, that don't mean enough.  Still needs to be better

depopulationINC

when a 2 teams  play each other 3 times in 7 games, it is something to complain about.  Specially when it is in the first or last 7.  When 2 teams that may end up competing for the same playoff spot play back to back, it can be very unfair if key players of one team are missing.  I have long been frustrated by CFL scheduling.  If this year is not as bad, that don't mean enough.  Still needs to be better
Yes...let's revert to having the same issues previous seasons + midweek games and a team playing 3 times in one week + a teams having bout their byes in 3 weeks...AWESOME.

It is a small league...this grouped scheduling is going to happen to work around dates facilities are booked up and "traditional meeting's" when there are limited options.  This schedule was a massive step forward for this league....I look forward to what he will accomplish with his second schedule...but I dont see groupings going away w/o more teams.

Sorry man...this is crying into a river in the big picture.

sth1988

This is the best schedule in the last 15 years.  Especially as an Argos fan.  No Tuesday morning games!

300Magnum

when a 2 teams  play each other 3 times in 7 games, it is something to complain about.  Specially when it is in the first or last 7.  When 2 teams that may end up competing for the same playoff spot play back to back, it can be very unfair if key players of one team are missing.  I have long been frustrated by CFL scheduling.  If this year is not as bad, that don't mean enough.  Still needs to be better
Yes...let's revert to having the same issues previous seasons + midweek games and a team playing 3 times in one week + a teams having bout their byes in 3 weeks...AWESOME.

It is a small league...this grouped scheduling is going to happen to work around dates facilities are booked up and "traditional meeting's" when there are limited options.  This schedule was a massive step forward for this league....I look forward to what he will accomplish with his second schedule...but I dont see groupings going away w/o more teams.

BC place and BMO field are the only 2 facilities that the league has to work around "scheduling".  The other 7 stadiums the CFL teams have first dibs on dates.

I also dont like teams playing each other back to back or twice in 3 weeks, that being said the schedule is what it is and does not seem that bad.  The issues of a short turn around is now gone also.

CFLfan53

This is the best schedule in the last 15 years.  Especially as an Argos fan.  No Tuesday morning games!
Yes the best schedule the Argos could ever get,  lots of Saturday afternoon and evening games.
One Thursday night game in the summer, but that's no problem.   The CFL and TSN are promoting Thursday night football in the summer, I think most teams will have a Thursday night game June to August

FootbalYouBet

It is a small league...this grouped scheduling is going to happen to work around dates facilities are booked up and "traditional meeting's" when there are limited options.  This schedule was a massive step forward for this league....I look forward to what he will accomplish with his second schedule...but I dont see groupings going away w/o more teams.

perhaps you are mostly right, but it is not a choice of one or the other.  They have moved forward but doing it more like I would like to see does not mean reverting back to any other minus.

FootbalYouBet

perhaps I was too quick to pounce on this after seeing someone else complain about their teams back to backs.  Perhaps I am a few years too late in giving my opinion.  I really don't like the back to back but if the majority want it, then so be it.

PTBO Dave

perhaps I was too quick to pounce on this after seeing someone else complain about their teams back to backs.  Perhaps I am a few years too late in giving my opinion.  I really don't like the back to back but if the majority want it, then so be it.
There are plenty of fans who don't like so many back-to-backs. I like them in general, but I do get tired of too many.

And of course, wanting to improve the schedule does not equal wanting it to go back to its problematic past.

CatsFaninOttawa

I don't mind the back-to-back games. Now if they could just eliminate the 10:00 (eastern) games. Hard on the eastern teams and their fans. Almost guaranteed to be a loss as the team falls asleep halfway through the fourth quarter, which a lot of us end up missing - for the same reason.

depopulationINC

perhaps I was too quick to pounce on this after seeing someone else complain about their teams back to backs.  Perhaps I am a few years too late in giving my opinion.  I really don't like the back to back but if the majority want it, then so be it.
There are plenty of fans who don't like so many back-to-backs. I like them in general, but I do get tired of too many.

And of course, wanting to improve the schedule does not equal wanting it to go back to its problematic past.
For sure...but to counter...it is greatly improved.  Always room to improved, but to make out like this is some horrid schedule seems a bit silly considering these back to backs are not something new.

Also...again, if they want to have home and aways, as they got feedback was liked, especially the LD ones...then they kinda have to do 2 sets of them per team. 

depopulationINC

I don't mind the back-to-back games. Now if they could just eliminate the 10:00 (eastern) games. Hard on the eastern teams and their fans. Almost guaranteed to be a loss as the team falls asleep halfway through the fourth quarter, which a lot of us end up missing - for the same reason.
Idunno how MNF makes it.

Users Online

112 Guests, 12 Users (16 Spiders, 6 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Augustus67, Holy Mackinaw, KevinRiley2, tabbiefan72, bowl450, Onemoredork, Google (AdSense) (8), Google (8)

Most Online Today: 189. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)