Aerial

Someone on twitter mentioned "Dreadnoughts" and I thought that was a pretty powerful name.
Except that Dreadnoughts were never part of the Royal Canadian Navy. The biggest capital ships flagged by Canada were two cruisers, the HMCS Ontario and Quebec. Plus two aircraft carriers the HMCS Bonneventure, and the Magnificent.

To properly reflect Canada’s Maritime heritage, we need to stick with sub hunting, which we were and still are good at.  Even when Canada possessed the third largest and third most powerful navy after WWII, it was still known as a tin can navy. I come from an east coast RCN family and I'd love a marine flair to the name but we would have to have keep it grounded in actual history.  
Reminds me of our tour we did right here in Hamilton this past summer of the HMCS Haida, it was unbelievable walking around this ship and just imagining what went on during it's' time and others like it when these were in action way back.  Surreal almost.  I just can't imagine. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMCS_Haida
I'm not allowed to comment on lousy officiating - Former Saints General Manager Jim Fink

DAN38

To properly reflect Canada’s Maritime heritage, we need to stick with sub hunting, which we were and still are good at.  
What would be a good name to reflect that?
   I'll say once more, my choice is 'Corvettes'. These little ships protected hundreds of larger vessels carrying men and supplies. A crucial part of the war that is forgotten. The Atlantic Corvettes. Many men from across the country sailed in them and it's a French name. All accounted for.
Si vis pacem... para bellum

PTBO Dave

To properly reflect Canada’s Maritime heritage, we need to stick with sub hunting, which we were and still are good at.  
  I'll say once more, my choice is 'Corvettes'. These little ships protected hundreds of larger vessels carrying men and supplies. A crucial part of the war that is forgotten. The Atlantic Corvettes. Many men from across the country sailed in them and it's a French name. All accounted for.
I like Corvettes, too. Or Convoys, for similar reasons (except maybe it doesn't tick the French box).

Argo Tailgater

Corvette would be good.

Internet warning- this is an attempt at internet humour, please no over reacting.

However most would expect it be named for the car and sponsored by Chevrolet. But the car was named after the small nimble ship.  Sadly it is easier to come up with less suitable names like the depth chargers, hedgehogs or squids(which were effective anti submarine weapons), western approaches, the sonars, or ASDICS.  Canadian corvettes were named after cities and towns, while the British used flowers, the buttercups, mulberries, daisies, and snowberries.  But I digress.

How do you start an argument on the internet?  

Post something, and wait. 

tabbyfan

If you REALLY wanted to reflect the Cdn Navy during WW2 then it would be the Halifax Corvettes.

BCRiderFan

I really like the Halifax Admirals or Armada, since it's a Navy town.
I like your choices CanFan.

I have been on a crusade to name them Defenders or Destroyers.

It would be great for the 10 th team to represent our fine proud Canadian Navy.

Problem is there is just to many here who are obsessed with Schooners.

Just because this was a name they came up with in the 80's.

Now the name Explosion , that is just a dumb name.
So your choice would be "great", but the choices you don't like are from people who are "obsessed" and that's a "problem". Got it.

Can't wait for the Schooners to join the CFL.
Grey Cup wins last decade, okay 11 years

Sask - 2
BC - 2
Cal - 2
Mtl - 2
Tor - 1
Edm -1
Ott - 1
Ham - 0
Wpg - 0

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_G ... _champions

Cool

So your choice would be "great", but the choices you don't like are from people who are "obsessed" and that's a "problem". Got it.

Hear Hear! 

#Schooners
Pull Together everyone

sth1988

rshmglsky

Hear Hear!

#Schooners
Seconded.

Schooners is the only name I've heard that works. It's unique, people will be able to associate Atlantic Schooners with a football team and not say an Atlantic storm, and it flows off the tongue.

Honestly, I think it's time to put the name suggestions to rest. The team is going to be called the Schooners, if there's going to be a team.

VICIOUSCIRCLE

I like this look!!!

12 year BC Lions Seasons Ticket Holder. \":rockin:\"

EastVanMark

BCRiderFan

I like the schooner logo on page 88 of the big thread that someone created. It’s a good starting point to work with IMO. Not a bad uniform design either. A little tweak of the colours and it would look pretty good.

Hank01

I can see why some don't like duplication . Many Argo fans want the boat back as the main logo and understand  that you might have two teams with the same type of logo especially in the same division maybe a little too much .

Also many would agree we have too many Letters representing teams as their logo .

Whatever the name they choose  it would be good to see a logo without a letter of the alphabet as the main part of the logo .

Something inventive and unique would be welcome .
MY NEW HERO JORDAN PETERSON FOR PRIME MINISTER

bowl450

I like the concept of the 4 sails that represent the 4 Maritime provinces

HfxTC

I can see why some don't like duplication . Many Argo fans want the boat back as the main logo and understand  that you might have two teams with the same type of logo especially in the same division maybe a little too much .

Also many would agree we have too many Letters representing teams as their logo .

Whatever the name they choose  it would be good to see a logo without a letter of the alphabet as the main part of the logo .

Something inventive and unique would be welcome .

I like the concept of the 4 sails that represent the 4 Maritime provinces
I like the colour pallet. If there was to be a new team it would be nice in a nine team league to stop duplicating colours. (Ottawa/Calgary). Black/Greys and Silver would also have its place.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

Users Online

64 Guests, 4 Users (6 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
jim43bob, Sidney, Google (5), Baidu

Most Online Today: 104. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)