brihind88

I really like the Halifax Admirals or Armada, since it's a Navy town.
I like your choices CanFan.

I have been on a crusade to name them Defenders or Destroyers.

It would be great for the 10 th team to represent our fine proud Canadian Navy.

Problem is there is just to many here who are obsessed with Schooners.

Just because this was a name they came up with in the 80's.

Now the name Explosion , that is just a dumb name.

Hank01

Kraken would be good . I liked it as one of their concepts but go with a nice deep purple colour . You would have a ready made sponsor . I really like their rum bottles . They can be used later .

Maritime or Nova Scotia Kraken . Crack heads would be used a few times in disparaging terms but it still sounds menacing yet mythical kinda like the Argos .

The kids will love it and the adults will enjoy the sauce in the end zone party area .

clx1407

I really like the Halifax Admirals or Armada, since it's a Navy town.
I like your choices CanFan.

I have been on a crusade to name them Defenders or Destroyers.

It would be great for the 10 th team to represent our fine proud Canadian Navy.

Problem is there is just to many here who are obsessed with Schooners.

Just because this was a name they came up with in the 80's.

Now the name Explosion , that is just a dumb name.
I suggested the Defenders or Destroyers at one time. Here's another Battle Cruisers, I mean if you can have names such as Blue Bombers, REDBLACKS, Eskimos, or Alouettes, then Cruisers shouldn't seem that far fetched.

And if you want to stay with the marine/nautical influence, how about the Navigators?

Aerial

Along the navigation theme, how about the Sextants?   ;)
"Canadian football does in fact have 4 downs, its just that as Canadians we are very polite and punt on the third down" -John Candy, SCTV

Gornaldatron

Someone on twitter mentioned "Dreadnoughts" and I thought that was a pretty powerful name.

Aerial

Gornaldatron, that name willnot happen.  ;)

PTBO Dave

I like Sextants, but Cockswains has a nice nauti-themed ring to to it too.

Either of those leave Explosions in their wake.

Gornaldatron

Gornaldatron, that name willnot happen.  ;)
If it's because it's too easy to call them the havenots or something, the Argonots face the same problem!

pianoman8849

As a native Nova Scotian I also have likes and dislikes. Perhaps I'm looking more at the colours than the names. I do tend to like the brighter colour schemes. At least they can be seen better in the fog.

My favorites: (1) Atlantic Storm 
                    (2) Atlantic Ospreys
                    (3) East Coast Tidal Boars 

My least favorites:  Atlantic Fog
                            Halifax Citadels 
                            Maritime Marauders

Also prefer the name "Atlantic Schooners" with a different colour. The name "Maritime" wouldn't be bad either. But definitely not "Halifax". Too much accent on a local market instead of the four provinces.

Eskimosrock

I like Schooners, but that's because of its clout and cult history.

Ospreys have the best colour scheme in my opinion that is different and professional looking (kind of like the Redskins).  I'd rather not have another blue coloured team in the league.

Dreadnoughts would be a killer team name although it'd likely be blue and/or gray colour based.
Armada and Admirals is also cool, but likely blue scheme.

Privateers or Marauders could be made with the Ospreys colour scheme in my opinion, that'd be sweet.

The Green and Gold is bold.

DAN38

As a native Nova Scotian I also have likes and dislikes. Perhaps I'm looking more at the colours than the names. I do tend to like the brighter colour schemes. At least they can be seen better in the fog.

My favorites: (1) Atlantic Storm
                    (2) Atlantic Ospreys
                    (3) East Coast Tidal Boars

My least favorites:  Atlantic Fog
                            Halifax Citadels
                            Maritime Marauders

Also prefer the name "Atlantic Schooners" with a different colour. The name "Maritime" wouldn't be bad either. But definitely not "Halifax". Too much accent on a local market instead of the four provinces.

Thank you pianoman, not using the city name is exactly what I have said in several posts. I think we need all 4 provinces to support this venture.
Si vis pacem... para bellum

RedandWhite

I like Sextants, but Cockswains has a nice nauti-themed ring to to it too.
...I've taken a trademark patent out on The Sea-Going Sodomites, just in case...
There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark.

Aerial

Semen Going Sodomites? Sorry, forgot to put the 'a' in there.  :-*

Argo Tailgater

Someone on twitter mentioned "Dreadnoughts" and I thought that was a pretty powerful name.
Except that Dreadnoughts were never part of the Royal Canadian Navy. The biggest capital ships flagged by Canada were two cruisers, the HMCS Ontario and Quebec. Plus two aircraft carriers the HMCS Bonneventure, and the Magnificent.

To properly reflect Canada’s Maritime heritage, we need to stick with sub hunting, which we were and still are good at.  Even when Canada possessed the third largest and third most powerful navy after WWII, it was still known as a tin can navy. I come from an east coast RCN family and I'd love a marine flair to the name but we would have to have keep it grounded in actual history.  

PTBO Dave

To properly reflect Canada’s Maritime heritage, we need to stick with sub hunting, which we were and still are good at.  
What would be a good name to reflect that?

Users Online

79 Guests, 8 Users (9 Spiders, 3 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
6ft6ofgoodness, pdson2, oo DAWG oo, KevinRiley2, Augustus67, Google (AdSense) (4), Google (5)

Most Online Today: 376. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)