depopulationINC

...I predict the Stampeders will not win another game in 2017...
Losing west final?

They looked bad today, but there was not much in it for them.

RedandWhite

...correct, lose the west final at home no less, because of an offence that has suddenly and inexplicably disappeared...the D is playing fine enough (17 of 23 points last night cannot be tagged to them) so we’ll be in the game fine enough but unless DD finds whatever albatross is hanging around the collective neck of this offense and cuts it off I don’t see this current version of the stamps moving on to Ottawa...
There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark.

Abendschan

RedandWhite is around here somewhere you know 8)

This years Calgary team has an improved Defence and much of that is the coaching of Devone Claybrooks. Perhaps it's Mitchell vs Ray on Grey Cup day in Ottawa.
Red and White vs Double Blue on Grey Cup day? ;)
Empire Stadium 1970 Nov. 1 - Jack Abendschan Autograph
Saskatchewan  33
B.C.  Lions  13

depopulationINC

...correct, lose the west final at home no less, because of an offence that has suddenly and inexplicably disappeared...the D is playing fine enough (17 of 23 points last night cannot be tagged to them) so we’ll be in the game fine enough but unless DD finds whatever albatross is hanging around the collective neck of this offense and cuts it off I don’t see this current version of the stamps moving on to Ottawa...
Sorry, I don't mean to poke, but I think there are a few keys to the decline in offense.
1 - No more fishing.  3 teams stood out for doing a good job of integrating intentional designs into play calling to allow fishing.  I believe it effected the Bombers the most, but Esks and Stamps were probably next in line.  Not knocking, it was the smart thing to do....push the rule and get every ounce of it you can, but I do believe when it went away it did hurt some clubs to a degree.
2 - Probably the single biggest factor IMO...Bo is hurt.  He has been hurt all season.  It was something coming into the season with his shoulder.  They thought it would be good be the start of the season, but it wasn't.  He and Dave D talked about him having it taken care of but Bo felt he could play through it for the season.  I think for the most part he did...but I think it just compounded later in the season.  Now, this week off might elevate his game and that could easily last a couple games to bring him up a notch...but his touch just has not been there and it seems to be getting worse with time.  I firmly believe this is a big issue.
3 - Bo has been working on keeping eyes down field and not at the pressure coming.  This is reflected in the sharp decline on the number of times he has run the ball...just 3.  This has piles of benefits and is a huge step...it really can put him even more next level...but it is a big curve and think he has taken a few more hits.  In the long run, this probably really pays off though.
4 - This is the weakest WR depth the Stamps have had in some time.  They have brought along a lot of really good receivers over the past number of seasons, many have moved on, and I just don't think it is nearly what it was in the past few seasons.  Some faces in and out of the lineup are a huge deal in that scenario. 

The core is solid.  They definitely have the D.  The O has the potential to be very good, but I don't think as good as recent seasons.

RedandWhite

...very good points depop

...never really thought much about #2 but this might be a reason for BLM's reluctance to run, knowing that one good shot to the shoulder and he's out...thanks for that insight...BLM gave an account on why he does not run, I shared it on the forum a while ago, but this could also be a underlying reluctance to take off with the ball...

depopulationINC

...very good points depop

...never really thought much about #2 but this might be a reason for BLM's reluctance to run, knowing that one good shot to the shoulder and he's out...thanks for that insight...BLM gave an account on why he does not run, I shared it on the forum a while ago, but this could also be a underlying reluctance to take off with the ball...
I recall your post and it is where I first started looking into it more...because I found it an interesting development and smart idea that the top end passes use...AC being a perfect example.  Doing so would inherently decrease run attempts.  This tactic is one of the reasons I really like Franklin as well...he is already largely doing this

As for the injury it really seems obvious when I watch.  Maybe I am dead wrong on it...but it sure comes across as an issue

RedandWhite

...I predict the Stampeders will not win another game in 2017...
...hey! How did my account get hacked!?

DAN38

Congrats Red and all Cal fans ! Stamps and Argos. Hmmmmm.. Where have I heard that before ?

Looking over the game stats, two important things stand out to me. 1st is the fact that Cal had 3 times the rushing yards 182-64. 2nd was the number of Cal pass knockdowns 6 compared to 1. To me, these two stats were a big factor in the win.
Si vis pacem... para bellum

RedandWhite

..Messam was po'd with the pregame hype saying he was behind Gable in all things running and took offense to that and was a beast...watch the TSN video of his post game thoughts, clearly mad...and our D was fired up for sure..tough team to beat in Edmonton, came down to the finals minutes...

Users Online

129 Guests, 7 Users (10 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
RichardVeilleux, BillyDee87, Hammertown Proud, DavidThompson, bobo82, VICIOUSCIRCLE, Yahoo!, Google (7), Baidu (2)

Most Online Today: 175. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)