beaglehound

Another loss, another  nail in the Lions coffin.  I think it is safe to say that the Lions' chances of making the playoffs this year are slim to zilch.  Once again the Lions found a way to implode by giving up a 25-6 lead against the Redblacks last night.  

The SSK Roughriders are getting stronger and keep finding ways to come from behind or hold a lead.  The same cannot be said for the Lions.  Teams they should be beating they come up short against.  While they have 4 games remaining, 2 of those games are against the Bombers, a team to be reckoned with.  Edmonton has been on the skids but I can see them beating the Lions in their final meeting.  

Out of their 4 remaining games the Lions may take a game but given their performance thus far I can't see them winning enough games even to qualify for the cross-over.  I cannot see the Lions beating out the Esks for that coveted position.  Of the Esk's 5 remaining games 2 of those games are against weaker opponents; aka Montreal and Toronto.  One of the remaining games is against guess who?  The Lions!  

Okay.... Here it is.  A picture is worth a thousand words...

"Peace is not the absence of conflict in life but the ability to cope with it."

brihind88

Very frustrating and disappointing.
All this talent is a waste.

Lions put on a perfect display of how to shoot yourself in the foot, over and over.
I have seen this before.  Have a lead , then go to sleep.

So many mistakes.
A TD drop by Chris Williams.
Rainey not letting it go for a single.

2 2 pt failed converts.
Loss by 5, but those 2 pts from the TD's would have given them a chance to kick a FG to tie.

No, this underachieving team is not in the play-offs.
Lulay is done, Jennings is not the answer, so I say get Collaros.

Build for 2018.

Preisst

Lions put on a perfect display of how to shoot yourself in the foot, over and over.
I have seen this before.  Have a lead , then go to sleep.

So many mistakes.

2 2 pt failed converts.
Loss by 5, but those 2 pts from the TD's would have given them a chance to kick a FG to tie.

Build for 2018.

Tough loss for your team man,  it's not over for them yet but it is certainly going to be a very difficult road for your team if they are going to make the crossover.......

best of luck to your Lions team......
"It is a sign of strength, not of weakness, to admit that you don't know all the answers." --John P. Lougbrane

ppull rulz!!!!

beaglehound

So many mistakes.

2 2 pt failed converts.

Build for 2018.

Tough loss for your team man,  it's not over for them yet but it is certainly going to be a very difficult road for your team if they are going to make the crossover.......

Thanks Priesst.  It would be one thing if we were blown out but to be ahead and squander a 25-6 lead feels awful.  

Mathematically the Lions aren't out of contention for the cross-over bid BUT...

If the Lions win their remaining 4 games they end up with 20 points.  If The Esks win 2 of their remaining games they end up with 20 points.  The Esks edge out the Lions because they beat the Lions 2 of 3 games so the Lions would be history.    If SSK ends up with 20 points with the Lions, SSK edges out the Lions because they met each other twice and SSK score a total of 55 points compared to the Lions 38 points over the two games. If the Esks, Lions and SSK all tie with 20 points, for the coveted cross-over, the Lions would be out and we would have to wait until November 04 to see whether it is SSK or Edmonton crossing over.   They have met once and SSK creamed the Esks 54-31.   For the Esks to get in they will have to beat SSK by at least 24 points when the meet for the last time on November 04. 

I've not check all of this out closely so feel free to correct me.  

depopulationINC

question:
When was the last time the Lions missed the playoffs?
1996?

Impressive run should it happen to end, or not.

beaglehound

question:
1996?

I  believe that is correct.  They have a sliver of a chance keeping that record intact but I can't see it happening. 

I looked up the 1996 CFL year and I was astonished given the dismal eastern standings this year and in recent past years.  In that year Toronto finished the season with 30 pts!  Montreal had 24 pts.  Haven't seen those kinds of results in the east for quite some time. 

depopulationINC

question:
1996?

I  believe that is correct.  They have a sliver of a chance keeping that record intact but I can't see it happening.

I looked up the 1996 CFL year and I was astonished given the dismal eastern standings this year and in recent past years.  In that year Toronto finished the season with 30 pts!  Montreal had 24 pts.  Haven't seen those kinds of results in the east for quite some time.
Was just reading that this 20 year streak is the 2nd longest in CFL history...oddly they never stated the longest

34- Edmonton Eskimos (1972-2005)
17- Winnipeg Blue Bombers (1980-1996)
15- Saskatchewan Roughriders (1962-1976)
15- Ottawa Rough Riders (1956-1969)

brihind88

So many mistakes.

2 2 pt failed converts.

Build for 2018.

Tough loss for your team man,  it's not over for them yet but it is certainly going to be a very difficult road for your team if they are going to make the crossover.......

Just never seen a team with so much talent tank so bad.

It is both mental mistakes and lack of focus.

Wally, what is up with all your 2 pt converts ?

The next 2 games are 2018 pre-season games.

However, I will be in Vancouver for the last Toronto game.

They need to at least win that one for me.  

Users Online

118 Guests, 5 Users (18 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
ed ohmnes, Johnny Ticat slayer, dcmoses, Iconic SR, Google (18)

Most Online Today: 169. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)